Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Mazda MX-5 Cup (FM Level 1)

Fri 22 Apr 2016, 03:40

Full info and sign up coming soon!

Mon 27 Jun 2016, 16:01
Awesome Race yesterday! Managed to squeak by the turn 1 wipe out but managed to get cleaned up in the second turn in race one. aught back to take 8th.

Second race I couldn't for the life of me keep the rear end happy! lost it 4 times and put myself into 18th place but clawed my way back to 15th because of some last lap mishaps.

Can't wait for the next one!
Mon 27 Jun 2016, 18:34
Wrap-up of for the weekend is posted: www.globalsimracing.org/en/news/506533-gsr_weekend_wrap-up_0625-0626
Mon 27 Jun 2016, 18:50
I think I'm seeing a pattern in my races; I must run into a car turned at 90 degrees in at least one of the two races.

In the 2nd race, I was certainly a part of the front straight fiasco. I had a good start and saw a gap between 2 cars (and the car fit!) but the gap did not stay for long. We cars started making contacts and pretty soon ended up as a debacle while I stayed reasonably unaffected by it.

I feel responsble. I have not looked at the replays but I apologize to the 2 drivers . . . :(
Mon 27 Jun 2016, 19:42
I had a front row view of that 3 wide action on the start of race 2. I feel bad for Samson, got taken out in the first lap of both races. I think the second one down the front straight was just the result of a few people racing hard for position when we are all bunch up at the start.
Mon 27 Jun 2016, 20:20
Don't ever feel bad for Samson. He deserves everything bad that happens. I think he assumed that podcast attendance meant you'd give up that spot easily. I guess there goes that incentive for people guesting.
Tue 28 Jun 2016, 00:32
Whose onboard was this from our Glenn race? blackflag.jalopnik.com/shocking-racing-crash-sends-miata-airborne-1782696362
Tue 28 Jun 2016, 01:00
#LookingForNewTeam
#DramaAlert
Tue 28 Jun 2016, 15:33
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxWhose onboard was this from our Glenn race? http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/shocking-racing-crash-sends-miata-airborne-1782696362

hahahahaha that's crazy!
Thu 14 Jul 2016, 04:31
Are we racing the Indianapolis GP track this weekend
Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:24
Posted by BasicBlaqAre we racing the Indianapolis GP track this weekend

Oval :)
Thu 14 Jul 2016, 20:49
Thanks
Sun 17 Jul 2016, 07:24
Reminder that rounds 7 and 8 are TODAY at Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Practice - 11:00am eastern

Race 1 (standing start) - 12:00pm eastern

Race 2: (rolling start) - after race 1

Host: Blonde
Sun 17 Jul 2016, 18:09
How many laps are we doing ?
Sun 17 Jul 2016, 23:24
MurphysLaaawl has been suspended for 2 races for an incident under caution.

InsayneHyena has been suspended for 4 races for two incidents under caution.
Mon 18 Jul 2016, 03:50
What Happened?
Mon 18 Jul 2016, 03:55
They were wrecking each other under safety car, and during the race on purpose.
Tue 19 Jul 2016, 03:49
I am perfectly fine with the ruling handed down. Truth be told, probably won't be my last suspension.

Getting really sick of people racing like brainless idiots, and not just this series. I see it in EVERY series. Pulling into the racing groove after a screwup and being way slower than everyone behind them. An apparent inability to use mirrors. Lack of any sort of awareness.

I understand some people use the wheel and can't look around. But we have a foot meter on this game to tell you where you are in respect to others, and we have the new arrows introduced in the update around the same time as the NASCAR expansion. Getting tired of people putting me into the grass or wall because they are too stupid to use these tools.

From now on, I'm not putting up with it anymore. You race me like an idiot, and I'm going to turn you. Either people will start gaining some sense, or I'm going to get banned. It makes no difference to me.
Tue 19 Jul 2016, 21:52
I hear you Insayne. Shit happens on track, especially with so many cars so close together. You can't control what others do, only change what you can do.

I doubt other people are out there just to get you, they are also trying to race hard. I've T-boned someone in just about every race and none of it was on purpose.

I think we ALL need to take it a little easy on the first corner/lap.
Tue 19 Jul 2016, 22:53
Can't we all just be friends lol. I didn't see the incidents with insayne so no comment. The ovals are just a whole other animal especially in the miatas where no one can pull away, so you just get packs of 5 6 7 guys within 100ft of each other running 2 and 3 wide. I was a bit of a magnet for the crashes at indy but still good fun. I think at one point Blonde and I can't remember who else were 4 wide. And you never want to be the one who backs out of it.
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:42
Onboard with Marko: Rounds 7 & 8 (Indianapolis)

www.youtube.com/watch