Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Rookie Orientation

Thu 18 Dec 2014, 13:23

Before you are eligible to enter an official GSR series or event, you must obtain your GSR racing licence by going through our rookie orientation. This will include 2 short races at Road Atlanta (Club) and Long Beach (East). You may have your pick between the Mazda USF2000, MX-5 Cup or MX5 road car. (All stock, no tuning)

To conduct this rookie test you must schedule an appointment with Mr Blonde V.

If you're ready to give your rookie test a go, book your appointment here!

*Once you have passed your rookie test you may then select your official GSR driver number.*

Thu 04 Jun 2015, 07:46
Posted by ReddogJCEX1Hello Mr Blonde 27, i would like to past my rookie test is it possible on project cars? No problem thursday night!... Thank's

Works for me. 9:15pm?
Thu 04 Jun 2015, 22:55
Ok for tonight
Fri 05 Jun 2015, 22:51
If any of you new fellas are looking to run in the Ginetta races and/or CAM races this weekend you will have to complete your rookie test tonight. We don't do rookie tests on race days, and I won't be online Saturday night. I'll be home tonight at 7:00pm eastern and will be online until 2:00am or so.
Sun 07 Jun 2015, 06:34
MR Blonde I would like to set up a rookie test. I traded Forza in for Project Cars so I'll need to set up a test with Project Cars. I'm available all next week whenever you have an opening, so let me know what works for you and I should be available. I would like to be apart of the XBox One Ginetta races if at all possible. Thanks.
Sun 07 Jun 2015, 07:28
Posted by ElderadoLXXXIIMR Blonde I would like to set up a rookie test. I traded Forza in for Project Cars so I'll need to set up a test with Project Cars. I'm available all next week whenever you have an opening, so let me know what works for you and I should be available. I would like to be apart of the XBox One Ginetta races if at all possible. Thanks.

Next week is perfect! How about Monday at 9:15pm eastern?
Sun 07 Jun 2015, 07:40
Sounds great, have any idea on car and track? Also what kind of lap times will you be expecting? Curious because I haven't driven all the locations yet but I learn very quick. :)
Sun 07 Jun 2015, 07:45
On PC it's the Ginetta Junior at Brands Hatch Indy. 1 lap of 58.999 or lower is required and then you're all set!
Sun 07 Jun 2015, 07:54
Cool. Thanks, I'll be ready!
Thu 11 Jun 2015, 23:33
I'll be online at 9:00pm eastern tonight if anyone would like to run their test.
Mon 22 Jun 2015, 17:44
I would like to set up a rookie test, on fm5. Im free any day this week after 6:00 PM Central
Mon 22 Jun 2015, 22:55
Posted by Redman RacerI would like to set up a rookie test, on fm5. Im free any day this week after 6:00 PM Central

How about 9pm eastern?
Tue 23 Jun 2015, 02:17
That works, tonight?
Tue 23 Jun 2015, 02:26
Posted by Redman RacerThat works, tonight?

Yep!
Tue 23 Jun 2015, 04:20
Are we still good?
Sat 10 Oct 2015, 02:21
Would anyone like to knock out their rookie test tomorrow? (Saturday) I'll be available after 4:30pm eastern / 9:30pm uk
Mon 09 Nov 2015, 21:16
I'll make myself available tonight from 8:30pm - 9:30pm (eastern) for anyone who would like to knock out their rookie test.
Tue 10 Nov 2015, 05:14
HI guys I got my grandson computer as he joined the Marines been playing Assetto Corsa it is great I hear it is coming to xbox soon any one out there have it for me it is the first game that drives like real cars with a wheel I know a lot of you are stupid good with a controller which I am not but I love to drive as long as it is close to a sim would like some opinions on it or am I just and old guy haveing fun
Wed 11 Nov 2015, 15:05
Posted by speedymac10246HI guys I got my grandson computer as he joined the Marines been playing Assetto Corsa it is great I hear it is coming to xbox soon any one out there have it for me it is the first game that drives like real cars with a wheel I know a lot of you are stupid good with a controller which I am not but I love to drive as long as it is close to a sim would like some opinions on it or am I just and old guy haveing fun

We would love to see you get back on the track with us, Speedy! Be it on AC next year, or on FM6/PC now.
Fri 13 Nov 2015, 21:22
Mr. Blonde, is the licensing for FM6 the same as it was for FM5? Also, what assist requirements are there?
Sat 14 Nov 2015, 09:21
Posted by C0RPS34UMPRMr. Blonde, is the licensing for FM6 the same as it was for FM5? Also, what assist requirements are there?

Sorry for the delayed response...

Yes, the rookie test requirements are the same on FM6. As for assists, you may use normal or sim steering and auto/manual/clutch transmission. No TCS, STM, ABS or brake line.

Welcome aboard...hope to see you on the track soon!