Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Rookie Orientation

Thu 18 Dec 2014, 13:23

Before you are eligible to enter an official GSR series or event, you must obtain your GSR racing licence by going through our rookie orientation. This will include 2 short races at Road Atlanta (Club) and Long Beach (East). You may have your pick between the Mazda USF2000, MX-5 Cup or MX5 road car. (All stock, no tuning)

To conduct this rookie test you must schedule an appointment with Mr Blonde V.

If you're ready to give your rookie test a go, book your appointment here!

*Once you have passed your rookie test you may then select your official GSR driver number.*

Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:22
ok cool, is there a time i should be aiming for and am i right in thinking its with everything turned off and cock pit view?
Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:23
Posted by d4ninhook cool, is there a time i should be aiming for and am i right in thinking its with everything turned off and cock pit view?

That's correct. Cockpit, no brake line and no assists in GSR.

Sub 1 minute.
Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:26
can you force break line off then? i thought you couldnt on this game or am i just old and confused
Fri 10 Jun 2016, 22:30
Posted by d4ninhocan you force break line off then? i thought you couldnt on this game or am i just old and confused

Yes.
Sat 11 Jun 2016, 16:45
Oh yeah, i had another look and found it easily,lol.

I normally run in chase view with brake line on so doing a little cockpit with break line off was interesting to say the least, knowing brands hatc a little helped though and i was under 60 seconds after a few laps.
Mon 20 Jun 2016, 16:04
Both level 1 championships are running this weekend. (Saturday 125cc karts on PC & Sunday MX-5 Cup on FM)

If anyone needs to get their rookie test out of the way before the weekend let me know and we can arrange it.
Mon 20 Jun 2016, 17:35
Posted by Mr Blonde VBoth level 1 championships are running this weekend. (Saturday 125cc karts on PC & Sunday MX-5 Cup on FM)

If anyone needs to get their rookie test out of the way before the weekend let me know and we can arrange it.

I do at some point this week. I am on EST if that helps.
Mon 20 Jun 2016, 18:05
Perfect. Be sure to give me an add on XBL and we will get it taken care of any night.
Fri 24 Jun 2016, 22:34
Looking to join a forza racing league over the summer. I'm in GMT timezone if that helps.
Fri 24 Jun 2016, 22:38
Posted by Seedat98Looking to join a forza racing league over the summer. I'm in GMT timezone if that helps.

Are you looking to join the Mazda MX-5's? If so they run on Sunday at 5pm your time. We will have to take care of your rookie test first though.
Fri 24 Jun 2016, 23:01
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by Seedat98Looking to join a forza racing league over the summer. I'm in GMT timezone if that helps.

Are you looking to join the Mazda MX-5's? If so they run on Sunday at 5pm your time. We will have to take care of your rookie test first though.

I'll take my rookie test first and go from there. You got anything higher up the classes? I may also be getting project cars in the next few days so anything going on in that?
Sat 25 Jun 2016, 12:15
Usually on whenever it suits both of you to do it . No particular set time .
Thu 07 Jul 2016, 21:18
Is there any people online to do rookie orientation
Thu 07 Jul 2016, 21:26
What time would you like to do it?
Sat 09 Jul 2016, 09:52
Hi, it's not the first time I race in leagues. Back in FM 2-3 I belonged to the ETCC. Good chaps, great Times.
I returned to Xbox after 6 yrs. Been practicing in cockpit view, I've never used assists, I think I'm going to like this place. When can I take my test race? See you all soon.
Mon 11 Jul 2016, 00:11
Posted by Macv0003Hi, it's not the first time I race in leagues. Back in FM 2-3 I belonged to the ETCC. Good chaps, great Times.
I returned to Xbox after 6 yrs. Been practicing in cockpit view, I've never used assists, I think I'm going to like this place. When can I take my test race? See you all soon.

Welcome to GSR! Give me an add on XBL and we will arrange a day/time for you to take care of the quick test.

I assume you're looking to get involved in the 125cc Karts this Saturday and/or the MX5 Cup on FM this Sunday?
Tue 12 Jul 2016, 21:41
Anyone need to do their rookie test ahead of the Level 1 PC 125cc Karts (Saturday) and Level 1 FM MX-5 Cup (Sunday) races this weekend?
Wed 13 Jul 2016, 02:08
I would like mine done please. Project cars
Wed 13 Jul 2016, 07:42
Posted by Throwawaygra71I would like mine done please. Project cars

Day and time?
Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:41
Is tonight ok? Approx 11oclock GMT