Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

NASCAR Cup (FM Level 3) *VOID*

Thu 23 Jun 2016, 08:20

Fri 29 Jul 2016, 17:32
Paint's drying, and now only the final touch-ups on the setup are needed...

P.S: ended up making some slight changes... You'll see Sunday.
Fri 29 Jul 2016, 17:34
Joined Blonde's team. I'm being sponsored by Samsung.
Sat 30 Jul 2016, 01:13
Clyde, that scheme looks really nice! I like it.
Sat 30 Jul 2016, 09:27
KINGSTON, ON - First Capital Autosport is pleased to announce we have signed Batman to a one-race contract for Daytona! Batman will be making his GSR return after a three year absence in the #290 Stern Pinball Ford.

Batman will be making his 4th career GSR start; his prior 3 all coming in 2013, with a best finish of 5th at Motegi in the Legends Car Championship.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 00:08
Marko has a practice lobby open right now. Join in now. (5:08 pm eastern)
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 05:23
You know anyone looking for a second entry to their upstart race team only has to buy me the Nascar pack and will have themselves the most teammateyest teammate a teammate could have.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 09:17
Round 1 is TODAY at Daytona (oval, day)

Practice: 11:00am eastern

Qualifying: 12:00pm eastern

Race: 12:15pm eastern

Host: Nightmare

www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 20:27
Well that was an hour of my life I want back. That race was a mess from the word go.

Not that I expected anything less.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 20:31
When I can go 49 laps out of the scheduled 50 on gas, although it sounds amazing, it's actually really pathetic.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 20:35
Started in the back and went to the front and back about 4 times before finishing 4th in the Racing with Jesus Chevy. Could have finished 3rd buy staying tucked in the draft but figured why not try for a victory on the outside. For someone who is garbage in those cars a top 5 is good.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 20:56
Okay, I'm just saying this for clarification: yes, I'm Italian, but I speak English fluently (or at the very least, enough to get by!). The reason I don't speak is that since 2013 I haven't gotten around to buying a headset *that actually works*. However, I can hear you loud and clear, and understand you perfectly.

That being said, if someone's racing as close to the grass and there is someone on the outside, saying that you are going to try pass them on the inside won't do much good. I've seen more than one crash being caused, directly or indirectingly, by people crossing the line between bravery and stupidity in such fashion. Oh, and it gets even worse if you then decide to go wide after the apex. Please, don't do that. Stay in your lane, it saves lives (or time, at the very least).
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 21:07
The solution is to not leave a lane open. I was nowhere near the grass, I was above the yellow line. I can't help it if you can't hold a line. You kept coming down, so I turned you. Deal with it.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 21:25
Posted by InsayneHyenaWell that was an hour of my life I want back. That race was a mess from the word go.

Not that I expected anything less.

I'm sorry I was home and able to attend. Same ole story with same ole results. Nothing will change, hopefully everyone got a participation trophy so it's fair.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 21:25
Posted by InsayneHyenaThe solution is to not leave a lane open. I was nowhere near the grass, I was above the yellow line. I can't help it if you can't hold a line. You kept coming down, so I turned you. Deal with it.

It wasn't our little incident that I was referring to. But regarding that,I definitely wasn't "coming down" - at least from my perspective. Maybe a bit of lag stutter is to blame? Things got choppy during the restart. I swear, Forza's netcode is about as non-conductive to clean racing as it could be - what with stuttering and positioning issues being the norm.

Anyways, it appears that the replay of the race stops before that crash. Anybody caught it on video? I'd be really interested in seeing what the hell exactly happened because, as I said, I wasn't going anywhere near the inside and wasn't expecting contact with Hyena at all.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 21:29
P.S: regardless, I think you are taking things a bit too seriously - Forza ain't no iRacing, and most people are here just to have fun. With that in mind, I'd avoid hurling insults at people. The old adage "relax, it's just a game" applies perfectly.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 21:32
P.P.S: I feel the need to specify that I was referring to people who tried to pass when there wasn't any space on the inside - many crashes happened in situations where there were already two cars going side-to-side and someone got too brave and tried to squeeze in and failed. Again, different scenario than that of our crash, which I'd say is either incidental, or my fault.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 21:32
Oh boy, this should go over well.
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 21:34
Posted by ClydeYellow
Posted by InsayneHyenaThe solution is to not leave a lane open. I was nowhere near the grass, I was above the yellow line. I can't help it if you can't hold a line. You kept coming down, so I turned you. Deal with it.

It wasn't our little incident that I was referring to. But regarding that,I definitely wasn't "coming down" - at least from my perspective. Maybe a bit of lag stutter is to blame? Things got choppy during the restart. I swear, Forza's netcode is about as non-conductive to clean racing as it could be - what with stuttering and positioning issues being the norm.

Anyways, it appears that the replay of the race stops before that crash. Anybody caught it on video? I'd be really interested in seeing what the hell exactly happened because, as I said, I wasn't going anywhere near the inside and wasn't expecting contact with Hyena at all.

Here's some of it at 37:39:
https://www.twitch.tv/bckracer71/v/81001327#
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 21:48
Posted by InsayneHyenaThe solution is to not leave a lane open. I was nowhere near the grass, I was above the yellow line. I can't help it if you can't hold a line. You kept coming down, so I turned you. Deal with it.[/quote

You're not allowed to say that because you'll hurt someone's feelings. It's always sunshine, rainbows and close side by side racing in GSR, everyone should be a tier 3 driver, the skill of everyone is so amazing. Man, if only we ran with damage on, that would have only made the race that much better....
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 23:12
Posted by dakinca91Started in the back and went to the front and back about 4 times before finishing 4th in the Racing with Jesus Chevy. Could have finished 3rd buy staying tucked in the draft but figured why not try for a victory on the outside. For someone who is garbage in those cars a top 5 is good.

Can you (or anyone) help me clarify the correct results? My results screen showed me in 4th, but I'm pretty sure I was 6th or 7th. I know there was a cluster of us at the line.