Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Dirt Funzies Rally

Sun 23 Apr 2017, 23:27

Hey guys,

I've just made a short rally on the Dirt website. It's a simple 3 stage rally in the Mini Cooper with no tuning.

Opens tonight (Sunday) at 21:00 eastern / 02:00 BST and closes Saturday at 21:00 eastern / 02:00 BST

I'm not sure how to invite people to the league so I've just left it open. It's titled GSR Funzies and my profile name is JJSA1985. Here is the link.

www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/81810/gsr-funzies

If you have Dirt, dust it off and give it a shot before Saturday night...just for funzies.

Mon 24 Apr 2017, 00:14
I'll give this a shot on Friday when I get home from work (I'm away all week) . From what i remember my name on racenet is my old gamertag but I'll give it a shot .
Mon 24 Apr 2017, 00:25
Cool! Hopefully you don't have a tough time signing up for it etc. I'm not exactly sure how this Codemasters RaceNet stuff works.
Mon 24 Apr 2017, 01:28
You and me both .
Mon 24 Apr 2017, 19:15
I'm going to jump on this and see how it goes. My expectation is that of Blonde's most recent clip in the club.
Mon 24 Apr 2017, 19:49
I was surprised when the video clip ended with a sudden halt. Blonde definitely had the pole position.

I'll give this a go instead of WoT tonight!
Tue 25 Apr 2017, 01:17
I haven't hardly played it since I got it. I didn't realise you had to sign up online through racenet. Bit if a faff but most enjoyable once I got it sorted out. I seem to be leading... though don't ask me how.
Tue 25 Apr 2017, 01:17
Well look at Dead Arm go. Currently at the top of the leaderboard with a time of 16:41.976. 49 seconds ahead of 2nd place FoxTrot.
Tue 25 Apr 2017, 02:19
I had false starts, many offs and really thought I'd be last so far. Thanks for setting this up I'm really quite enjoying the game again. Shame you can't do a lobby where everyone sets off at intervals.
Tue 25 Apr 2017, 03:52
Could code masters make these events more cumbersome to join? What a bunch of bullshit for a great racing experience.

That said, it was fun! Had to learn to drive again on stage 1, blasted through stage 2, not sure how s3 will turn out.
Tue 25 Apr 2017, 04:09
Completed S3. Snow is fun and hairy simultaneously.

16:18 total, 24 seconds ahead. Canada is 1, 3. Britain in 2, 5. Dutch in 4th.
Tue 25 Apr 2017, 04:11
I'm trying to log in to the RaceNet stuff on the game but it's telling me the RaceNet service isn't available. Try again later.

Is it just me this is happening to?
Tue 25 Apr 2017, 04:46
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Is it just me this is happening to?

It seem so. I have no problem.
Tue 25 Apr 2017, 11:03
I was able to get it working by deleting the game and reinstalling it.

As for the rally; well I knocked out a nice 4:42 on stage 1 to put me in 4th. Stage 2 was going SO well until I got slightly off line heading into a jump in the final third of the stage and went head long into a tree, destroying my car and likely hospitalising both my driver and co-driver.

Any feedback on the format so far? I noticed it automatically makes us do all three right in a row. Is there any way around that? Also, because I crashed in stage 2 it didn't allow me to do the final stage. I assume this would not be the case if "service area" was enabled?

Anyway, great fun!
Thu 27 Apr 2017, 17:54
Posted by Dead Arm TzarI had false starts, many offs and really thought I'd be last so far. Thanks for setting this up I'm really quite enjoying the game again. Shame you can't do a lobby where everyone sets off at intervals.

I didn't know you could restart it. I hadn't played it for months just went for it no practice, I thought my wheel was broken as I had to turn it nearly a full turn to get round some corners
Thu 27 Apr 2017, 18:16
False start as in I jumped the start on one stage and got a 10 second penalty. You can't restart afaik.
Thu 27 Apr 2017, 21:20
Glad you guys are enjoying it! I'll set up another rally at the completion of this one. Any suggestions for class and location? Any other feedback/suggestions?
Thu 27 Apr 2017, 22:17
I really haven't played much so I'm easy with anywhere. Logging a few hours this week 😉 It might be fun to progress through the eras though I've only really driven the 60's so far. Do you have to own the car to take part?

I'd be up fof more stages, provided you could save afterwards could maybe with a service area. I really haven't looked into setting one up.
Thu 27 Apr 2017, 22:29
Yes I'll be sure to add a service area after each stage, and I'll check to see if I can set it to allow us to take a break between stages if we want, rather than being forced to do them all in succession.
Thu 27 Apr 2017, 22:49
I'm pretty sure you don't have to do it in a oneer, when I've done some of the league and the weekly challenges I tend to do them in two or four at a time depending how I'm feeling. It looks like I'm gonna have to get some practice in though, I think
Fri 28 Apr 2017, 01:33
How about 6 stages, 2 from each location with a service area between locations.
Or we could just do a few stages from one rally at a time, if this becomes a thing.