Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Project Cars 2 Announcement and Series Ideas

Tue 29 Aug 2017, 05:26

With the release of Project Cars 2 quickly approaching, we are excited to announce that GSR will be moving to Project Cars 2 on September 23rd at our usual time. This event will be unofficial and primarily a chance for us to test cars/tracks and assess the playability of the game.

Testing will continue each Saturday until we are sure the game is stable.Tentatively, we plan on moving forward with official championships around mid to late October.

In the mean time, we are asking members to submit some ideas for future series

Tue 12 Sep 2017, 07:10
Posted by dakinca91As much fun as a multi class series sounds. I don't think we can get the numbers required to make it fun. We have the endurance series, but other than that I like singe class. Having 12 people each weekend racing for victory sounds better than 2 classes of 6. But that's just me.

I kind of agree with you however the race that us GSS guys had vs. the S.E.C.R guys proved otherwise to me. As long we have close racing I'd be perfectly fine with a smaller field. However with the car list that project cars 2 has, I believe that every class has something appealing everywhere from vintage to modern. The only thing they don't have that would've been a boon would've been mid 90's JGTC or modern Super GT cars imo.
Tue 12 Sep 2017, 19:18
Posted by Jagdpanther0224
Posted by dakinca91As much fun as a multi class series sounds. I don't think we can get the numbers required to make it fun. We have the endurance series, but other than that I like singe class. Having 12 people each weekend racing for victory sounds better than 2 classes of 6. But that's just me.

I kind of agree with you however the race that us GSS guys had vs. the S.E.C.R guys proved otherwise to me. As long we have close racing I'd be perfectly fine with a smaller field. However with the car list that project cars 2 has, I believe that every class has something appealing everywhere from vintage to modern. The only thing they don't have that would've been a boon would've been mid 90's JGTC or modern Super GT cars imo.

That was some fight alright . Great battle so it was
Tue 12 Sep 2017, 20:56
Just pre ordered the collectors edition... it better be bloody good I tell thee!
Tue 12 Sep 2017, 21:15
Hi dead arm, did you get your wheel sorted? Haven't seen you on for a while
Tue 12 Sep 2017, 21:38
I haven't got it back yet. The couriers managed to lose it for a while but they have it now and I should be getting it back any day...
Wed 13 Sep 2017, 17:47
Just in the nick of time
Not be long now
Wed 13 Sep 2017, 17:49
Does anyone know, I preodered PC2 but it won't let me pre download it, does anyone know how to?
Wed 13 Sep 2017, 20:57
Sorry mate, never tried to pre order/download before. Maybe it'll only be available for pre download nearer release.

My wheel has arrived! Need to test it and learn how to drive again. The wife is expecting to see me next spring 😁
Wed 13 Sep 2017, 22:12
Posted by Throwawaygra71Does anyone know, I preodered PC2 but it won't let me pre download it, does anyone know how to?

Does it not automatically do it no ?
Thu 14 Sep 2017, 00:02
I just bought it and it began downloading immediately.

I already know what car and track combo I'm going to drive first, now just need the game to play it!!
Thu 14 Sep 2017, 17:14
Got it sorted, uninstalled the 100mb doofer and then the full game installed
Thu 14 Sep 2017, 18:45
Looks like Pirelli and the World challenge series in the states will be on the game. More GT3 cars
Mon 18 Sep 2017, 21:21
I've cancelled my pre order for pcars2....

Decided to buy the digital delux version, which is a lot cheaper. Obviously you don't get all the extra fluff but the game content is the same. Already downloaded and ready to go!

Shame I have to work through the night on Friday, but hoping we can run something Saturday evening.
Mon 18 Sep 2017, 22:08
Posted by Dead Arm TzarI've cancelled my pre order for pcars2....

Decided to buy the digital delux version, which is a lot cheaper. Obviously you don't get all the extra fluff but the game content is the same. Already downloaded and ready to go!

Shame I have to work through the night on Friday, but hoping we can run something Saturday evening.

Did you get it through a local store, or online? I went to the local game stop to get the digital deluxe, and they wouldn't give me a download code. They said I had to comeback Friday for it. This has me slightly confused as I've been hearing about several people having it downloaded already. They claimed it would be a street date violation.
Mon 18 Sep 2017, 22:32
I bought it online through the Xbox store. It's generally not the cheapest option but seeing as I was saving some cash I went for it anyway.
Tue 19 Sep 2017, 00:13
I think that's the way I'm going to go from now on. Seems it would be less of a hassle overall.
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 18:00
any TC, GT or LMP series sounds good, not much a fan of open wheels.
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 20:56
Not sure if I will be able to install it on time for the trials on Saturday but I'll definitely give it a try. Can't wait!
Series wise I don't mind open wheel, GT, LMP, TC or whatever but have to say I prefer (post) eighties cars as they are somewhat more refined and I just generally enjoy driving them more. Although I have to say the F1 Lotus 72 championship was a blast. Exception to the rule I guess.. 😉
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 22:02
I'm up for trying anything and everything! The game is pre installed and ready to go, barring any large day one patches of course.

Probably working over the weekend so that may curtail my running somewhat ☹️
Thu 21 Sep 2017, 16:32
So I got my copy of the game today a day early