Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2018 IndyCar Series (PC2 Pro)

Sun 22 Apr 2018, 22:55

All discussion related to the 2018 IndyCar Series goes here!

Fri 04 May 2018, 06:03
Could you sign me up for Penske #12, please?
Fri 04 May 2018, 06:34
Posted by LMP BasherCould you sign me up for Penske #12, please?

Absolutely. You're in with the 17th entry (1st reserve driver).
Fri 04 May 2018, 06:58
Posted by Sam5onWe could also do a true qualifying session where only the top 16 can race?
Maybe only 2 flying laps per car?

*Clarifying intent: Not saying i'm fast or anything close, just encouraging those who want to race to prepare and not just show up the day of.

It's a great idea, but it something that almost certainly won't come into play. As an example, if you look at the Group C Championship, we have 22 entries but the highest grid we've had this season is 12.

The Indianapolis 500 will have week long qualifying (hopefully with bumping). And we know round 1 will have a good turnout. Even with 17 current entries both Blonde and Murphy have confirmed they won't be able to make round 1. So we will need 19 entires (and all 17 remaining entires) to show up to round 1 for this to come into play.
Fri 04 May 2018, 15:41
Posted by GSR Admin Team

Absolutely. You're in with the 17th entry (1st reserve driver).

Thanks!
Mon 07 May 2018, 04:11
Just realized the first race is May 19th. I’m going to miss that one. Will be at the track most likely.
Mon 07 May 2018, 14:01
"On road and street courses, drivers must use both the black primary and the red alternate tires for at least one lap in the race. The exception to this rule will be on ovals and in races that are declared wet."

How will this be monitored? Will each driver have to record their pitstop?
Mon 07 May 2018, 20:05
Posted by ThorZA16"On road and street courses, drivers must use both the black primary and the red alternate tires for at least one lap in the race. The exception to this rule will be on ovals and in races that are declared wet."

How will this be monitored? Will each driver have to record their pitstop?

That’s not a bad idea. But the tires are color coded, so we should be able to see on the replay who is using what tire.
Wed 09 May 2018, 19:45
Could you add me to the list. I’ll go in the #10 Chip Ganassi Chevrolet
Wed 09 May 2018, 20:01
Posted by We1tyCould you add me to the list. I’ll go in the #10 Chip Ganassi Chevrolet

You're in as the 18th entry (2nd reserve)
Thu 10 May 2018, 03:06
Practice is open for Texas if anyone wants to join, though I’m getting word from Eddie Gossage that he’ll kick me out if no one else shows up at 8:30pm EST.
Thu 10 May 2018, 13:11
Texas in Indy series is not the first race coming up, right? That would be Vintage GTA..
Thu 10 May 2018, 18:50
Posted by LMP BasherTexas in Indy series is not the first race coming up, right? That would be Vintage GTA..

Correct.

Vintage GTA starts this Saturday at Texas (infield) and IndyCar starts on the 19th at Indianapolis (gp)
Thu 10 May 2018, 20:12
I participated in the practice last night and it was really my first time in the car on the track. I cannot recomend enough how much practice will help. This isn’t a track where you can show up and use the stock setup. It’s really slow and kinda unstable. Everyone should turn a few laps at least before the race
Thu 10 May 2018, 21:04
Posted by dakinca91I participated in the practice last night and it was really my first time in the car on the track. I cannot recomend enough how much practice will help. This isn’t a track where you can show up and use the stock setup. It’s really slow and kinda unstable. Everyone should turn a few laps at least before the race

Absolutely. We will be hosting practice sessions during the weeks leading up to all oval races on the calendar. Oval racing really isn't like road course racing where you can often just show up and hope for the best. Consequences are far greater on ovals.
Mon 14 May 2018, 07:52
Weather forecast for the IndyCar Grand Prix this Saturday.

www.accuweather.com/en/us/indianapolis-in/46204/weather-forecast/348323
Wed 16 May 2018, 00:33
With the red/black tire rule, I would advise that everyone make sure that they have the ability to change their strategy during the race.
Wed 16 May 2018, 03:11
So it will be sunny for the race fortunately
Wed 16 May 2018, 04:12
Posted by EVR LuckyDogSo it will be sunny for the race fortunately

Indiana in May. Changes minute to minute. Keep your eye on the forecast all week.
Wed 16 May 2018, 14:18
Posted by EVR LuckyDogSo it will be sunny for the race fortunately

Like Blonde said, Indiana in May. I got to experience my first midwestern storm right after the 500. Boy, was it fun.

Anyway, tonight is the final unofficial GSR Shakedown event for the series and we’ll be at the Indy GP. This sort of open practice for anyone that wants to join in.

The lobby will be open at 8:10pm EST and will go to 9:30pm EST. Or, 20:10-21:30 Canadian/International Time (CIT).

If you plan on showing up, I suggest you get some practice in so you don’t become Charlie Pinball.
Wed 16 May 2018, 18:47
I’ll be on, mike