Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

FM7, PC2 and the future of GSR (Discussion Thread)

Tue 13 Jun 2017, 21:33

Gentleman,

With the release of Project CARS 2 on September 22nd, and Forza Motorsport 7 on October 3rd; it's that time again where there are more questions than answers regarding what GSR will soon look like.

We started exclusively on FM4 on the Xbox 360 in February 2013. Since then, we have moved to the One, moved from FM5 to FM6 and added PC to our repertoire.

As these release dates inch closer, we'd like to open a dialogue on this thread. What are your plans? Which upcoming title(s) have your eye? As always, GSR will adapt, but we want to know what our members are thinking about the future of GSR; so let's hear it!

Sun 20 Aug 2017, 22:54
Posted by GitchiManidooWith FM7 releasing on Windows 10 and having cross-platform multiplayer, I'm really tempted getting it asap and coming back to GSR after 4 year hiatus :)

That would be awesome, Gitchi!
Tue 29 Aug 2017, 23:05
PC2, Preordering tomorrow!
Mon 11 Sep 2017, 16:22
I've just signed up as there seems to be a lot of like minded peeps here.

I am getting PCars 2 on day of release and will probably pick up FM7 at some point when it gets cheap enough. There's a demo of FM7 coming out on 19th so will play that for 3 days.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 18:38
So most of us got PC2 . . . who's picked-up FM7? Well, other than the man on the Mission.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 20:46
I honestly can't see myself buying it. Forza 6 was a let down in terms of FFB on my wheel. It may well have been improved but I'm not willing to take the risk just now.
Not only that I can't really justify running both days on a weekend anymore.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 21:14
I can't be the only person out here who took the leap can I?
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 21:33
By my count, 13 members have FM7 so far.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 22:20
I haven't heard anything that I really like about FM7 so far besides improved visuals and audio; not exactly the drastic improvements or steps forward that I was hoping to see from Turn 10. I'll probably pick it up for Christmas at the earliest.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 22:39
I’m in the same boat as most on here. I might pick up FM7 when it’s on sale like half off. But other than that I think I’ll stick to PC2. I just cannot justify buying both games and PC2 is more fun for me.

Not sure what that means for the future though, just races on Project Cars 2 next year?
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 23:03
Posted by dakinca91I’m in the same boat as most on here. I might pick up FM7 when it’s on sale like half off. But other than that I think I’ll stick to PC2. I just cannot justify buying both games and PC2 is more fun for me.

Not sure what that means for the future though, just races on Project Cars 2 next year?

The issue with that is FM has a large player base looking for communities to race with, and with that in mind, to disregard FM7 would hurt the growth of any racing communities based on Xbox. FM is a great way to lure more people here, and it would be good to use that to your advantage.
Wed 04 Oct 2017, 02:58
Posted by dakinca91I’m in the same boat as most on here. I might pick up FM7 when it’s on sale like half off. But other than that I think I’ll stick to PC2. I just cannot justify buying both games and PC2 is more fun for me.

Unsure. At the moment, only 1 admin owns FM7.
Sun 11 Nov 2018, 01:27
After having raced on Xbox One and later One X I have decided it is time for the next step.
I have built myself a nice gaming PC for about 1000 euros.
First things first: installing titles not available for Xbox.. Assetto Corsa Competizione (not convinced just yet but will be quite the sim at one point in the near future) and RaceRoom...
Oh boy.... What have I been missing all this time!
I know a game PC is a steep financial curve for some but it will pay itself off when you love sim racing. This is something else altogether!
I will join as many races as I can but will definitely try my luck on PC as well now.
Sun 11 Nov 2018, 14:50
I’ve told myself the x is the last console I’m buying. I’m looking to go that route as well. Race Room is a pretty good game as best as I can tell. It somewhat works on my old crappy laptop. On bare minimum settings with no shadows and one car on track. I only have the free stuff for it, but occasionally they have free weekends that let you play anything you want. Anyway, enjoy the pc side of things. Hopefully we see you back here occasionally. Maybe I’ll see you on the other side down the road too.
Wed 14 Nov 2018, 03:50
Posted by LMP BasherAfter having raced on Xbox One and later One X I have decided it is time for the next step.
I have built myself a nice gaming PC for about 1000 euros.
First things first: installing titles not available for Xbox.. Assetto Corsa Competizione (not convinced just yet but will be quite the sim at one point in the near future) and RaceRoom...
Oh boy.... What have I been missing all this time!
I know a game PC is a steep financial curve for some but it will pay itself off when you love sim racing. This is something else altogether!
I will join as many races as I can but will definitely try my luck on PC as well now.

Hopefully you don't make yourself a stranger with us, Basher!
Thu 15 Nov 2018, 13:39
Posted by Mr Blonde V

Hopefully you don't make yourself a stranger with us, Basher!

Ha ha, no way! I'll still try to keep the Saturday nights free for some good old GSR-action on the X! 😁