Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Forza Motorsport 7 Discussion

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:10

Discuss all things Forza Motorsport 7 here.

Tue 19 Sep 2017, 21:13
The demo is out today. It's still downloading, so I've not yet tried it.
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 14:53
Still on the fence about this one. Considering how much an improvement PCARS2 looks right now, Forza 7 has nothing appealing to me.

There's a good chance that I may end up not getting the game and just wait on Forza 8.
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 18:03
Really enjoyed the demo myself. One thing that surprised me, I've been very critical of their "dynamic" weather, especially when comparing it to PCars, the first one even. I must admit their implementation was pretty good. The wet race of the demo is 2 laps. In that 2 lap time you go from cloudy to downpour to dry. Not that realistic but in the way Forza is designed to be played, very short sprints, at least you get the full gamut of weather experience. PC2 still has my money for most anticipated racer by a long shot.
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 20:14
I played the demo and I'm just not sold on it. Seems like the same thing with a fresh coat of paint on it. I'm going to hold off on Forza until it drops in price
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 20:45
Not sure what the hype is with Forza 7. Probably will look good on Xbox one X. But for me no noticeable improvement on current Xbox one and the force feedback on my TX... I mean, where is it?!?
No settings (vibration on/off, really?), no nothing, no purchase.
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 20:56
There are more settings available for wheels if you hit (X) to go to advanced settings menu. The Porsche felt all kinds of weird but the GT-R in the rain was entertaining. I'll say more when I get my early access.
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 21:00
Posted by MissionBULLITTThere are more settings available for wheels if you hit (X) to go to advanced settings menu. The Porsche felt all kinds of weird but the GT-R in the rain was entertaining. I'll say more when I get my early access.

Ah that's true! I'll give it another go tomorrow. Will try to enter with a more positive mindset... 😊
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 21:21
I'm really not too fussed about forza either. Maybe I'll download the demo but don't have any immediate plans to buy it.

Not sure how that will sit in terms of the series we're planning to run in the future, but I rarely run in any of the current forza series.
Wed 20 Sep 2017, 22:39
Not that psyched on the demo. The ffb is better than fm6, but it's not what I would call good. The gtr handled ok, the Porsche was nearly undriveable. I didn't touch the truck, and probably won't. Probably going to sit this one out. Maybe used down the road, or on super sale. The dynamic weather was about the highlight, and the puddles seem to be fixed from the last one.
Thu 21 Sep 2017, 10:41
glad to see i'm not the only one unimpressed by the demo (and other news of FM7). may pick it up on the cheap at some point, but at the moment it's PCars2 FTW
Thu 21 Sep 2017, 20:09
Tried again after some tweaking of FFB. Better now but no, still a no go for me.
Porsches and truck were respectively annoying and boring. Nissan was indeed quite OK, though.
Feedback by wheel and our screen or TV is all we have to 'feel' what the cars are doing. The first is -imo- still too far behind the competition, unfortunately.
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 06:26
So all you early accessers...how is it so far?
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 19:46
I was thoroughly annoyed by the demo because it was VERY user unfriendly. It was meant to be a expo floor type demo.

Tried it for 15 minutes or so but could not take the annoyance; removed immediately.

I'm going to see how the launch goes but there really is nothing over PCARS2 that's attracting me; just more cars + tracks and PCARS has FM7 & AC beat on track list. SMS released PCARS2 exactly at the right time.
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 22:28
Driver outfits? Really? Clown driver outfit? It's making me cringe.
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 19:37
Has Turn 10 decided to add Cat & Mouse back into the game? (I'm really clutching at straws trying to find a reason to buy this)
Mon 02 Oct 2017, 06:37
I find this game to be everything forza was supposed to be on the next gen hardware. I think they made some tweaks to the game from the demo because it feels sooooooo much better than before. I'm about 2hrs in and I'm not going to be dropping this for quite some time.

P.S. SEBRING AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 06 Oct 2017, 14:27
Apparently the loot crates are just a secret form of micro-transactions. Good job Turn 10.
Mon 27 Nov 2017, 22:28
If anyone is interested, FM7 is currently on sale for $38.99.
Tue 12 Mar 2019, 07:51
March update details

www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_march2019_update
Tue 02 Apr 2019, 23:13
April update details

forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_april2019_update