Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Vintage Sports Car Championship

Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:15

All discussions related to the Vintage Sports Car Championship go here!

Mon 01 Jul 2013, 19:14
Hey everyone, I was quite involved with a bit of the tuning and rules for the series, so I'll be more specific on some notes.

The cars largely aren't upgraded, so unfortunately many of the parts aren't tuneable. This was to make sure that the cars kept their character and still drove like those of the period. I can't say for certain since I don't own any of the cars right now, but the Ferrari is the most upgraded of the cars, so for someone like Don who likes tuning, this will probably be the most tuneable car.

The paints don't necessarily have to run in national racing colors, but they should be based on liveries of the era. For cars like the Ferrari, for example, replica paints generally will be the national racing colour, but the D-type ran in a variety of liveries. Diecast model websites can be good places to look for historic paints.

Also, can somebody delete my sign-up on the drivers' page? Batman and I are going to sign up as a team but we were going to change cars.
Mon 01 Jul 2013, 20:19
Does Batman also need his signup removing?

Edit: nevermind he's not signed up yet!!
Done

Also, could people please check when signing up that the team they are joining only has 1 driver on it!(or even better check with the person who's team you're joining that there's space!) It avoids confusion and helps to form more teams! :)
Mon 01 Jul 2013, 20:50
Thanks for the help Lanky.
Mon 01 Jul 2013, 23:34
I have 2 extra cars I can gift to whoever needs them and is short on cash. First come first serve.

- Maserati 300 S

- Jaguar D Type
Tue 02 Jul 2013, 00:45
I like tuning, but I like the Aston more ;-) It's ok its fun to drive something very different, and these cars DO handle very....uniquely!
Tue 02 Jul 2013, 23:35
If anyone wants to sign up for the series but has reservations about the simulation steering requirement, I'll be glad to give tips and try to help out anyone who does want to give it a try. Granted, I'm not the fastest guy in these cars, but I do use sim steering on both the controller and the wheel, so I have experience with both conditions and perhaps I can lend a hand. I'm sure the guys currently signed up for the series would be glad to help anyone get up to speed as well.
Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:40
Just a quick note that the Ferrari tune has been changed so that the transmission is stock like the others (don't worry, this won't affect the performance). The Ferrari had the sport transmission with the 408 PI tune, and even though we didn't change the final drive for the balancing, there's still the unfair option to change the gearing with the Ferrari. I'll send out the new build (401 PI) to Charger and Batman since Viper has it.
Thu 04 Jul 2013, 16:16
Can I haz Maserati build? Kthx.

Oh, and... Happy 4th of July to all Yankees out there.
Thu 04 Jul 2013, 18:32
You might have to ask Josh to send it to you. When I made the build, I gifted the car to him without saving the tune. I guess whenever he gets online, just ask him to save the tune and send it to you. Sorry I forgot to do it myself.
Thu 04 Jul 2013, 21:39
Posted by ClydeYellowCan I haz Maserati build? Kthx..

Sent. :)
Wed 10 Jul 2013, 20:25
For anyone interested, I'm going to try to host practice lobbies every night through Friday this week around 9 pm EST. I'll also host practice lobbies around 2 pm EST / 7 pm GMT on Thursday and Friday this week so that there's a convenient option for European members. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the track.
Thu 11 Jul 2013, 00:32
I should be able to make most of those. Looking forward to getting this all underway.
Fri 12 Jul 2013, 08:09
Sorry for getting these so late to everyone, but the Mercedes handicaps for Saturday's race will be 10% power, 5% front grip, and 10% rear grip unless the Friday practices show something horribly drastic.
Fri 12 Jul 2013, 19:57
I hate to call this the day before the race, but I'm going to create a final Ferrari tune today and send it out to anyone signed up for it, as we have big performance balance problems right now. I don't know where the time came from, but I ran a 2:31.925 at Sebring in the 401-PI tune, which is almost a full second quicker than the other cars. I'll send the build out ASAP.
Sat 13 Jul 2013, 19:58
Is there a tune (parts upgrades) for the Aston Martin DBR 1, or it is stock only?
Sat 13 Jul 2013, 20:52
It's stock! :)
Sun 14 Jul 2013, 00:21
A big thank you to everyone who showed up to today's race, and congratulations to Clyde for an amazing drive. Charger and I had a great battle for 2nd place in the closing laps. Shame that VW lagged out, he probably would have got 2nd cleanly with Charger and I losing so much time battling.
Sun 14 Jul 2013, 00:27
Brilliant racing today guys! Well done to Clyde on the win (and the insane fastest lap- I thought I'd gone quick)!!
Had some brilliant battles with Chupa, don and Apex. It was a great race!!

Don, we came insanely close!! This is why I thought I'd hit you!
Sun 14 Jul 2013, 00:43
First off, congratulations to Clyde on his first GSR win, and for picking up the fastest lap with an INSANE 2:31.7!

Those cars are really a blast to drive, I just wish I was more consistent. I'm going to have to do a ton of practice for Road America to be competitive.
Tue 16 Jul 2013, 14:22
Hamilton & Rosberg going around the 'ring in the Mercedes W 154! Pretty damn cool!

www.youtube.com/watch