Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Vintage Sports Car Championship

Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:15

All discussions related to the Vintage Sports Car Championship go here!

Sat 07 Sep 2013, 20:39
Guys is there any way to connect the Xbox to the TV without a HDMI cable or the original cable that came with the xbox? Is there a way to connect it to a PC monitor? My only HDMI cable has died argghhhhh
Sat 07 Sep 2013, 20:41
You could connect it to a monitor, but the problem is that no matter what the monitor takes, you need either HDMI or an Xbox-type AV cable. Sorry.
Sat 07 Sep 2013, 20:51
Posted by donpostGuys is there any way to connect the Xbox to the TV without a HDMI cable or the original cable that came with the xbox? Is there a way to connect it to a PC monitor? My only HDMI cable has died argghhhhh

I use HDMI > DVI cable that I have to plug it into my monitor, howver DVI doesn't carry sound, so I have to use the S video cable to plug into my speakers!
Sat 07 Sep 2013, 21:18
All of the electrical shops inexplicably shut at 6pm, and I've just been down the supermarket and they sell everything but HDMI cables (including webcams ffs!). So it looks like that's me out :(

Sorry for letting you down AGAIN. I'll be there next week I promise!
Sat 07 Sep 2013, 21:25
Do you have a sky box or virgin media that you can nick the HDMI cable from? (Or are you like me with good 'ol Freeview?)
Sat 07 Sep 2013, 21:43
I have a BT vision box but that's on a good old fashioned SCART lead lol.

I'm logged in on Games for Windows and it looks like you got a good few racers on. Shame you can't follow the race from a non-xbox device that would be sweet.
Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:16
Despite picking up massive rear end and side damage on lap 2, the race was still a blast. I'm willing to bet that Gringo and I had the best race going on the track for the entire 2nd half of the race. We must have passed each other 8 times in the final 8 or 9 laps. It's just a shame we were only fighting for 8th place! lol.

Special congratulations to Colton on picking up his first ever GSR victory! Let's close out this series in style at Le Mans, boys!
Sun 08 Sep 2013, 22:29
Great race, a bummer I missed the top spots because of the pad which decided to get locked with the throttle open and the car steered all right at the Arrabbiata 2, sending me spinning in a wall and forcing me to remove and plug back in the batteries and wait for the controller to reconnect.

Oh well, it means that I'll have to play for keeps at Le Mans, LOL.
Mon 09 Sep 2013, 01:45
I'll be sure to run block for you at Le Mans, Clyde. :)
Sat 21 Sep 2013, 20:59
Hi all, I've setup at practice lobby if anybody wants to get a few last minute laps in.