Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Project CARS 2 Unofficial Kickoff: I

Tue 26 Sep 2017, 22:14

The small scale test on Monday (4 drivers & Maverick broadcasting) went very well. No major issues to report at all.

I'm going to host a race on Saturday and we will see how that goes.

When: 15:00 eastern / 20:00 BST
Where: Red Bull Ring
What: GTE
Length: 30 minutes timed
IGST: 15:00
Weather: Clear

Rolling start (with formation lap)
manual pit stops
cool down lap

Practice (15 minutes) - 15:00 eastern / 20:00 BST
Qualifying (10 minutes)
Race (30 minutes)

Tue 26 Sep 2017, 22:15
I'll be in the Ferrari.
Tue 26 Sep 2017, 22:37
90% sure I’ll be there. I’ll look at the car list and post what car I’m running
Tue 26 Sep 2017, 22:40
Posted by dakinca9190% sure I’ll be there. I’ll look at the car list and post what car I’m running

Aston Martin Vantage
BMW M6
Corvette C7.R
Ford GT
Ferrari 488
Tue 26 Sep 2017, 22:49
I do not have this game yet. Will be Christmas at the earliest before I get it. Waiting on more controller news before forking out the cash on it.
Tue 26 Sep 2017, 23:10
I'll aim to be there. Not sure which car yet, hopefully they're all equally balanced. If we get enough people to run all the cars I think they should be assigned at random 😁
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 00:04
I should be getting it this Friday but I don't feel comfortable jumping into a race like this with little to no seat time. I usually don't have an issue like that but I don't know how the game feels on controller so. Don't want to ruin someone else's experience because I was itching to swim without learning to float. That feeling may change depending on how natural the controller setup is and how much practice I can get in a day but I'll look forward to watching if someone is streaming it or if there's space in the lobby to spectate.
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 00:09
Posted by Jagdpanther0224I should be getting it this Friday but I don't feel comfortable jumping into a race like this with little to no seat time. I usually don't have an issue like that but I don't know how the game feels on controller so. Don't want to ruin someone else's experience because I was itching to swim without learning to float. That feeling may change depending on how natural the controller setup is and how much practice I can get in a day but I'll look forward to watching if someone is streaming it or if there's space in the lobby to spectate.

Fee free to join. This will mainly be a test to check multiplayer stability and settings, and to have a little fun with the game. Nothing too serious.
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 00:20
Posted by Jagdpanther0224I should be getting it this Friday but I don't feel comfortable jumping into a race like this with little to no seat time. I usually don't have an issue like that but I don't know how the game feels on controller so. Don't want to ruin someone else's experience because I was itching to swim without learning to float. That feeling may change depending on how natural the controller setup is and how much practice I can get in a day but I'll look forward to watching if someone is streaming it or if there's space in the lobby to spectate.

Yeah it really is just a fun test. Don't give us too much credit here. lol
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 01:06
@jagd Yeah come along, pretty sure they'll be much spinning out and many racing incidents, it is just a test after all. Just buy a wheel and have done with it, same goes for you Mr blonde.
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 01:10
I will be there!
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 01:23
I'll be giving it a shot as well boys , not sure in which car yet meself
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 01:53
Posted by Jagdpanther0224That feeling may change depending on how natural the controller setup is

We've got you covered.
Controls. Configuration.
SD=0
SS=20
TD=1
TS=5
BD=1
BS=25
CD=10
CS=25
SS=75
DS=0
CD=85
CV=100
Those values have been working well for me so should be good starting point.
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 02:12
Alright, I guess I'm going but I can't post what car I'm going with once I drive them all. I'll see if I can get any of my team to join in
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 02:16
I'll do my best to get there. I'll have the #99 Aston please.
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 02:17
Actually, dead arms random car idea seems pretty interesting.
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 02:46
I'll very like be there. Random cars: awesome idea!
Although I have to say I am mysteriously drawn to the Ford...
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 03:26
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by dakinca9190% sure I’ll be there. I’ll look at the car list and post what car I’m running

Aston Martin Vantage
BMW M6
Corvette C7.R
Ford GT
Ferrari 488

Is there a Porsche? I’ll claim that if there is. If not I’ll drive whatever nobody else is in
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 08:00
Porsche is a gt3 spec in the game
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 08:19
I hope to be there, I'm all for random cars, I've just been running standard tunes so I probably not tweek which ever I choose
Thu 28 Sep 2017, 17:17
I'll be at a vintage car race in Houston on Saturday. If I get home early enough, I will definitely partake in this. I'm looking forward to running with you gents.