Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Project CARS 2 Unofficial Kickoff: I

Tue 26 Sep 2017, 22:14

The small scale test on Monday (4 drivers & Maverick broadcasting) went very well. No major issues to report at all.

I'm going to host a race on Saturday and we will see how that goes.

When: 15:00 eastern / 20:00 BST
Where: Red Bull Ring
What: GTE
Length: 30 minutes timed
IGST: 15:00
Weather: Clear

Rolling start (with formation lap)
manual pit stops
cool down lap

Practice (15 minutes) - 15:00 eastern / 20:00 BST
Qualifying (10 minutes)
Race (30 minutes)

Thu 28 Sep 2017, 19:09
I'm afraid I'll be watching football
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 19:22
Which Red Bull circuit will we race on? National or GP?
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 19:29
Posted by LMP BasherWhich Red Bull circuit will we race on? National or GP?

GP
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 20:17
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by LMP BasherWhich Red Bull circuit will we race on? National or GP?

GP

Awesome
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 19:13
For anyone that can’t make it, I’ll be testing the broadcast features and commentating. I’ll post it on YouTube after the fact. Mixer.com/iliam if anyone wants to commentate with me just let me know.
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 21:07
I'll be in the vet
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 21:11
This is no good...I've been rooked into shopping under the condition I'll be back by 3....it was a lie. Now I'm stuck in a food court in a mall on the side of a strange highway...can someone else host the race today? Sorry!
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 21:57
I can if no one else can
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 21:58
I’ll be on in a minute and can try to host.
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 22:23
Posted by Mc DabinsI'll be in the vet

nothing serious I hope....
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 23:05
Good race guys. 15 minutes in and I spin going around the last turn, puting my nose in the wall took 23% front damage. the engineer said it's all Arrow....did another two laps all the sudden I have an overheating issue radiators f***** I decide to go into pits and then it blows in sector 3.

Lol good 1/2 race anyways
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 23:58
Played it safe but got involved in a lap 1 incident. Pitted then was alone the rest of the race but it was nice to practice driving. By the 20 minute mark I was the 2nd fastest car. Me and Marko had a coming together but it’s just for fun.

Biggest complaint was the start, I had never done one like that before. And the party didn’t work which would haved help avoid the incidents
Sun 01 Oct 2017, 00:11
Having run a few practice laps today I had the car pretty stable, which seemed to change come the race. I kept loosing the back end, had multiple off's and pitted to repair damage. Stupid pit crew filled the car up so I was well over fuelled.

Not my best display. I quite enjoyed the start and could've made up a couple of places but for being boxed in. Wouldn't have changed the outcome, and a shame the party chat went down before the race.

Patch definitely needed.
Sun 01 Oct 2017, 00:59
That start was strange, I'm pretty sure I lined nearer to the sixth place car than the eighth place car. I think they could do for some better instruction on the manual rolling starts. Due only to quick swerving around a couple spun cars I wound up in third. So, I can't complain. I thought we were running random cars so I came in with minimal preparation, so again, I really can't complain. That Aston is a pretty fun car, I would be into running some more gte races. Good racing today.
Sun 01 Oct 2017, 01:28
Posted by dakinca91Played it safe but got involved in a lap 1 incident. Pitted then was alone the rest of the race but it was nice to practice driving. By the 20 minute mark I was the 2nd fastest car. Me and Marko had a coming together but it’s just for fun.

Biggest complaint was the start, I had never done one like that before. And the party didn’t work which would haved help avoid the incidents

It was some coming together alright lol
Mon 02 Oct 2017, 19:37
Having another test this weekend?
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 03:09
Count me in, if we do.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 04:53
How about Ginetta GT 4’s at an English track?
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 17:38
I'd be into that. Knockhill would probably be pretty fun, but it's not really English.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 17:59
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxFor anyone that can’t make it, I’ll be testing the broadcast features and commentating. I’ll post it on YouTube after the fact. Mixer.com/iliam if anyone wants to commentate with me just let me know.

Has this been posted to YouTube yet? If so where would I find it?