Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Project CARS 2 Unofficial Kickoff: I

Tue 26 Sep 2017, 22:14

The small scale test on Monday (4 drivers & Maverick broadcasting) went very well. No major issues to report at all.

I'm going to host a race on Saturday and we will see how that goes.

When: 15:00 eastern / 20:00 BST
Where: Red Bull Ring
What: GTE
Length: 30 minutes timed
IGST: 15:00
Weather: Clear

Rolling start (with formation lap)
manual pit stops
cool down lap

Practice (15 minutes) - 15:00 eastern / 20:00 BST
Qualifying (10 minutes)
Race (30 minutes)

Sun 08 Oct 2017, 00:35
Yeah, had some fun tonight in those races. Was a lot better in the Ginetta's when someone warmed my tyres for me. The oval was fun too, but we need stock setups next time. And manual cautions, just to make it a bit more interesting. Looking forward the doing some series' on this game now though!
Sun 08 Oct 2017, 00:40
Posted by We1tyYeah, had some fun tonight in those races. Was a lot better in the Ginetta's when someone warmed my tyres for me. The oval was fun too, but we need stock setups next time. And manual cautions, just to make it a bit more interesting. Looking forward the doing some series' on this game now though!

Yeah, I was trying to call a caution after a couple cars got together. I don't think anyone heard me, though. Stock or common setups would definitely help keep it closer, but I couldn't find any settings to enforce that.
Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:43
Somehow my race pace was really (really!!) bad yesterday on both races. Blew my engine due to overheating on the oval but couldn't care less about that.
Fun race but what bothers me is the huge difference between practice and race regarding the handling of the car. Still haven't found out where that is coming from. On Silverstone I was nowhere near my practice times although conditions were more or less the same.
Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:02
Had you changed setup for practice Basher? I got screwed over between qualifying and the race as it didn't save my adjusted fuel level.
The whole setup saving/loading malarkey is bugged.
It's also annoying that you can't un-ready in the lobby to readjust settings.

It was a fun first few laps, Welty and I were having quite a close battle until I had to pit for fuel.

The new pit strategy selection is also quite painful and not as streamlined as the last game.

I did manage to carve my way back up to 3rd in the end. Shame the rain didn't come a few laps earlier, though the last few corners were a bit hairy on slicks.
Mon 09 Oct 2017, 20:34
Hey Dead Arm, setup wasn't changed and I have checked because I know PC2 is buggy as hell (did the practicing for the race obviously ;-) )
Previously I have noticed on Red Bull ring that when I run a practice session there I am between 10 and 15 seconds (yes, whole seconds!) faster than when I am using the exact same setup and do a AI race there. No clue what is wrong but it is driving me insane as it seems to occur as well during online races. Laptimes and handling are just not the same somehow when alone on the track vs. online or with AI as it seems. Maybe I am getting crazy (or I already am)..
Mon 09 Oct 2017, 22:23
I had a similar thing at the A1 ring. The car felt nothing like it did when I practiced alone.

From reading the forums people are speculating that the physics engine can't keep up with multiple cars on track, hence everything slows down a bit but not time itself.
Certainly annoying and really poor optimisation if that is really the case.
Hopefully they will get these issues sorted sooner than later, though when we'll get a patch nobody seems to know...
Tue 10 Oct 2017, 09:55
Quick Race is usually A LOT slower than Private Testing or Multiplayer. Nobody seems to know why or what to do about it, but it's definately a known thing.