Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2016 Global Endurance Championship (Open Rank FM + PC)

Wed 07 Oct 2015, 04:51

GSREC is back after a long absence for it’s second season! This series will be held on both Forza Motorsport 6 and Project Cars, allowing for a true crown jewel of endurance racing. Start times are to be determined.

20-Feb-16 Daytona Sports Car Circuit – 12 Hours – FM6
16-Apr-16 Sebring Full – 6 Hours – FM6
11-Jun-16 Le Mans – 12 Hours – PC
20-Aug-16 Spa-Francorchamps – 6 Hours – PC
8-Oct-16 Nurburgring GP – 6 Hours – PC
17-Dec-16 Road Atlanta – 6 Hours – FM6

Sun 21 Feb 2016, 04:56
Posted by Sam5on
Posted by YaBoiCricket[quote=494357]Lots of fun...do have to say gt class needs balancing or maybe some power restrictions...but fun :)

Yeah, let's cater to the slow people. Gotta make sure everyone gets a trophy.

Yes, because that comment helps a fellow GSR member out....

nSmokez, the cars all have their strengths and weaknesses, and tuning them properly can highlight those strengths. The driver is still a big part, though. We could have put Nightmare in a Prius today, and he would have tuned the shit out of it and still been competitive; at least according to the commercials Toyota puts out. Idk if there are really any balancing issues with the field we have, do you have any examples?

Hippies will be hippies...
Sun 21 Feb 2016, 06:14
Posted by nSmokez420
Posted by YaBoiCricket
Posted by nSmokez420Lots of fun...do have to say gt class needs balancing or maybe some power restrictions...but fun :)

It was obvious the Bentley had the best straight line speed...

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. If anything, the Bentley is one of the slower top end cars next to the BMW. With no downforce, the Bentley hits 181 before braking in turn 1. The Corvette hits 183, the Lamborghini hits 185 and the Mercedes hits 188. The Bentley does have the best mid-range torque, but is also one of the worst handling.

To further prove my point, I just quickly threw together a tune on the Audi and managed to run a 1:45.6 after 6 or 7 laps (I took a clip for proof). Not only that, it hit 186 going into turn 1. So you have no argument.
Sun 21 Feb 2016, 06:19
If I hit my marks right out of the bus stop and hit the push-to-pass button at the right time, I can get the Bentley up to 245 mph going into turn one.
Sun 21 Feb 2016, 07:58
Great race guys! Thanks to Jason and Maverick for commentating with me! I had a blast streaming today (my voice didn't xD). Did you guys enjoy the stream?
Sun 21 Feb 2016, 08:58
Great broadcast... Was fun to follow during the day, good job on the stream. Great race, wow for the solo driver !!!! Amazing
Sun 21 Feb 2016, 12:34
I agree with the boys ,i put together a quick tune for the Bentley and ran 30 or 40 laps and got it to go just as slow as my tune for the Merc ,so its prob just down to the testicle that tunes that purple Bentley to be honest
Sun 21 Feb 2016, 18:13
Posted by Sam5on
Posted by YaBoiCricket[quote=494357]Lots of fun...do have to say gt class needs balancing or maybe some power restrictions...but fun :)

nSmokez, the cars all have their strengths and weaknesses, and tuning them properly can highlight those strengths. The driver is still a big part, though. We could have put Nightmare in a Prius today, and he would have tuned the shit out of it and still been competitive; at least according to the commercials Toyota puts out. Idk if there are really any balancing issues with the field we have, do you have any examples?

A lot of chapped lips with all the ass kissing going on..
Sun 21 Feb 2016, 19:53
Ass kisser or asshole. Guess they are both options.
Sun 21 Feb 2016, 20:05
Posted by YaBoiCricket
Posted by Sam5on

A lot of chapped lips with all the ass kissing going on..

A lot of talk coming from someone just sitting in the pits. Maybe you should sign-up and race the R8? The more cars the better in this Endurance Series.
Sun 21 Feb 2016, 20:11
Shots fired lol.
Mon 22 Feb 2016, 14:11
I wanted to set the record straight because I heard it a few times during the race (I keep quiet to keep my focus most of the time.)

Nightmare and I don't run the same setups in open setup series. Ever. While I think he and Woody tend to share setups, my driving style is so different, they don't work for me. I run my own setups, so the only thing we all had in common was the paint scheme on the car.
Tue 23 Feb 2016, 19:00
I can't tune worth a damn in this league but in running the Corvette with a fairly trimmed out tune I never hit above 175 across start/finish. I would love to know how all that extra speed was being achieved by others just to be more competitive next time, and maybe, just maybe I can get teammates who actually show up to race as well.
Wed 24 Feb 2016, 00:36
Posted by MissionBULLITTI can't tune worth a damn in this league but in running the Corvette with a fairly trimmed out tune I never hit above 175 across start/finish. I would love to know how all that extra speed was being achieved by others just to be more competitive next time, and maybe, just maybe I can get teammates who actually show up to race as well.

I just ran some laps in the Corvette (with the downforce taken completely off) and was managing 179-180 at the line depending on how well I got through the bus-stop. I could only manage a 1:45.726 for a fast lap, but can upload the setup if you want to give it a try.
Wed 24 Feb 2016, 07:04
Posted by Nightmare x24x
Posted by MissionBULLITTI can't tune worth a damn in this league but in running the Corvette with a fairly trimmed out tune I never hit above 175 across start/finish. I would love to know how all that extra speed was being achieved by others just to be more competitive next time, and maybe, just maybe I can get teammates who actually show up to race as well.

I just ran some laps in the Corvette (with the downforce taken completely off) and was managing 179-180 at the line depending on how well I got through the bus-stop. I could only manage a 1:45.726 for a fast lap, but can upload the setup if you want to give it a try.

Much appreciated, anything helps when you're off the pace by 7 secs
Wed 24 Feb 2016, 08:57
Posted by MissionBULLITT
Posted by Nightmare x24x

I just ran some laps in the Corvette (with the downforce taken completely off) and was managing 179-
180 at the line depending on how well I got through the bus-stop. I could only manage a 1:45.726 for a fast lap, but can upload the setup if you want to give it a try.

Much appreciated, anything helps when you're off the pace by 7 secs

Matches your number mate, haha.
Wed 24 Feb 2016, 21:51
Congratulations to Samson and Maverick on their overall win, and to Nightmare, Woody and Insayne on their GT (ended up 3rd overall, actually) victory!

That race was almost certainly the most fun and most challenging thing I've ever done in GSR (or CCRO). I loved all the story lines that unfolded...

#7 Toyota's speed but extremely bad luck with internet gremlins

#59 Corvette getting screwed TWICE by FM server glitches, yet continuing on all day despite being effectively out of the running from the very start of the race.

Late race drama in the GT class...Something like 6 miles separating 4 cars going into the final 4 hours. Crazy.

Team drama and some tense moments with the #16 Mercedes; and Copper jumping back in the car to bring it home in the final stint despite being half in the bag. lol

I still can't believe how well Charger and Smokez ran all day, and how close they were to winning despite driving solo. Fuckin' impressive, guys!

On to Sebring in April!
Wed 24 Feb 2016, 21:54
Two more things...

Thank you very much to Fitcho, Kay and Maverick for their efforts on the first ever GSR broadcast. Great job, guys! Much appreciated!

I enjoyed Samson/Maverick and Copper/Marko acting as crew chief for the other when they weren't driving. Real team work.
Wed 24 Feb 2016, 23:25
Official 12 Hours of Daytona Results:

1. (P1) #2 Audi - 2,208 km (343 laps)

2. (P1) #8 Toyota - 2,150 km (334 laps)

3. (GT) #72 Bentley - 1,958 km (304 laps)

4.(GT) #84 Audi - 1,955 km (304 laps)

5. (GT) #33 Lambo - 1,941 km (302 laps)

6. (GT) #16 Mercedes - 1,928 km (300 laps)

7. (P1) #7 Toyota - 1,846 km (287 laps)

8. (GT) #59 Corvette - 1,313 km (204 laps)

9. (GT) #95 Corvette - 867 km (135 laps)
Wed 24 Feb 2016, 23:34
Series Standings:

Team Standings (Round 1 of 6)

P1:

1. #2 Audi - 35

2. #8 Toyota - 32

3. #7 Toyota - 30

GT:

1. #72 Bentley - 35

2. #84 Audi - 32

3. #33 Lambo - 30

4. #16 Mercedes - 28