Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

NASCAR Cup (FM Level 3)

Mon 01 Aug 2016, 08:06

Mon 01 Aug 2016, 08:08
Round 1 (Daytona) results have been posted.

www.globalsimracing.org/en/race_series/NASCAR/Results/506913-nascar_cup_fm_level_3_nascar_cup
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 09:12
It was a pretty exciting day for First Capital Autosport. In our first ever two-car effort, I managed to make a late charge (along with Marko) to finish 6th. Batman ran a great race and earned himself a top 10 finish in his grand return to GSR competition.

I still can't believe how close Dan, GRD, Marko, Samson and I were at the finish. 3rd through 7th in the blink of an eye!

Congrats to Nightmare on the win, and to Dan for earning that Hard Charger bonus point. (16th to 3rd)
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 12:37
Just watched the last 5 laps back from Samson's twitch . I didn't realise how close we were coming over the line .
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 13:12
Sooooo anyone have any thoughts on the race last night ,no
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 14:05
Hey blonde I think the team points are wrong . Maybe give it a double check .
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 14:18
Well, my thoughts on the race:

- Personally, at least for me, it was uneventful besides my fuel saving. Should of saved a bit during that green flag stint in the beginning. I knew there was gonna be cautions, and with the way they were coming out, I figure why the hell not and try it. I was already having a good "league" weekend so let's have some fun.

- Sorry to BCK where I changed lanes twice during the race, the first time I just trying to get that "bubble of air" to move me forward like in real life. Second time I had a short window to come down, took it and ended causing a bump-draft glitch wreck.

- A meh race tbh. I was hoping for some racing but I realistically knew it was going to be something like that. Hence the strategy I took.

Onto Sonoma since Homestead conflicts with the Pocono Indycar race.
Tue 02 Aug 2016, 00:48
Posted by MrMarko1100Hey blonde I think the team points are wrong . Maybe give it a double check .

MBI Hendrick consists of Nightmare, Willy and Hippie. (I assume that's what you're referring to?)
Tue 02 Aug 2016, 00:48
Onboard with Marko: Round 1 (Daytona)

www.youtube.com/watch
Tue 02 Aug 2016, 01:36
RAPTOR RACING POST RACE REPORT

DAYTONA, FL - Sunday's opening round of GSR's NASCAR Cup saw the #71 Best Buy Ford Fusion come home in 9th place after starting from 13th.

"The #71 Raptor Racing Best Buy Ford Fusion guys did a heck of a job with the car, unfortunately things just didn't fall our way." said driver BCKracer71. "Things started pretty well and we managed to avoid most of the incidents. Our only real contact for most of the race was when the #19 tried to slot back in to line when he was off pace, which caused a bit of a chain reaction when we touched."

"The decision to pit at the very start of the fuel window almost payed off, as it put us up front when the leaders came in under yellow later. Unfortunately, the car was garbage on restarts, which is a problem when there are so many cautions and not many green flag laps. We were in line for a top five position until the last lap, when I ran into the rear of the #89. Totally my fault. That's racing sometimes, though."
Tue 02 Aug 2016, 17:54
Primary sponsor for Team Samsung has commented,

"Our cellphone screens do not crack like those windshields. Management team is keenly interested in developing non-cracking race car windshields using Gorilla Glass technology so our race drivers will have clear field of view despite collisions/flips."

"Our business has tough competition in the mobile-com market. We expect our driver(s) to match our mobile market success."

Primary driver, GRD, has commented that if he had a Note 7 donated to him he'll see what he can do. GRD is fully commited to not text/Tweet while he is in a race.

+ Sincerest apologies to Samson for the contact/spin on Sunday! My fault for moving down. Difficult to check blind spot at 200 mph in a banked corner!
Tue 02 Aug 2016, 18:46
Quite the nations cup battle after Daytona.
Tue 02 Aug 2016, 19:34
Da dove gli italiani vengono?
Tue 02 Aug 2016, 22:57
Round 1 Recap Posted with Team reports:
www.globalsimracing.org/en/news/507609-nascar_cup_round_1-recap-daytona_tri-oval
Wed 03 Aug 2016, 02:01
Starting from 9th, I ended up being in the middle of it all - big wrecks included. By the end of the race, my Camry looked like the Bluesmobile. And the fact that the car was rubbish on restarts didn't really help with my race! All the times I gained positions due to a crash, I ended up losing them on restart.
Oh, well. I didn't exactly have high expectations for this race, with ovals not being my forte. I knew that I would've been heavily penalized for not doing well enough on quali, too, and that's exactly what happened. Hopefully I will be more competitive on the road courses, to which I intend to stick if I'll manage to obtain the driver ranking necessary to compete.

(Had a contact with Dan early in the race which, from post-race analysis, is clear to me could've been easily avoided had I gone higher and left him more space, and which resulted in him spinning his car - my sincerest apologies, but as GRD said, it's kinda difficult to check your blind spot at NASCAR speeds!)
Wed 10 Aug 2016, 02:33
For what it's worth, I made a Bryan Claudon "BC" logo like on my profile picture and what a lot of the drivers changed to on Twitter to put on your cars if you choose to. I named it as Bryan Clauson Decal.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 00:07
apparently it's hard for people to follow instructions on paint schemes. Not hard to look at a Cup car and mimic the style of one. It'd be like putting a NASCAR scheme on an f1 car. It would look stupid.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 00:17
www.globalsimracing.org/en/forum/469297-506377-nascar_cup_fm_level_3_void Read page 1.... I guess it's hard for some people
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 00:29
Per the rules:

"Drivers must include their driver number on both sides and on the roof of the car. A GSR logo (available from BCKracer71) should also be placed on the car. Other than this the paint for this series is open to be as simple/complicated as the driver wishes. However, realistic paints are encouraged but are not mandatory. Offensive/graphic images will not be permitted on a paint.

For those wishing to make accurate paint schemes, contingency sponsor sets are available from Nightmare x24x."
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 01:22
I believe my car meets all requirements for paint. If admin deems it illegal I will simply sit out the races. This is still a game/means of having "fun" right?
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 01:27
I guess one less car too worry about on Sunday's then..