Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

NASCAR Cup (FM Level 3)

Mon 01 Aug 2016, 08:06

Mon 15 Aug 2016, 01:45
Posted by MissionBULLITTI believe my car meets all requirements for paint. If admin deems it illegal I will simply sit out the races. This is still a game/means of having "fun" right?

The Mercedes Car? It should be fine. We'd like larger numbers for identification purposes, but that's just a suggestion, not something that would bar you from the race.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 01:53
Thanks admin I'll tweak some more.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 02:12
I guess since any paint scheme is ok, I'll be running this one.

[img src=imgur.com/a/WD3mj
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 02:17
Posted by YaBoiCricketI guess since any paint scheme is ok, I'll be running this one.

Put a GSR logo on it and make the numbers readable. Otherwise, that one is legal, too.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 02:23
Fight the good fight Mission lol.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 02:25
But if it was an Indy car league, everything would have to be legit though, right?
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 02:27
Everyone takes the Indy and f1 leagues seriously so why not NASCAR? If you don't like it or follow it then don't race in it, nobody says you have to race in every series.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 02:28
Posted by YaBoiCricketBut if it was an Indy car league, everything would have to be legit though, right?

No. 1990 Indycar was run with largely the same rules as Nascar. Series accurate liveries (contingency/series decals, number placements spots, etc.) were encouraged, but not mandatory.

That being said, as it was a vintage series, we did require that cars run sponsorship from companies founded pre-mid 1990's.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 02:29
I remember the 90's Indy car series had to have real scheme for the era. Why aren't the same rules applied for NASCAR? If you think it's a joke, then don't race, we don't need you in the way causing cautions just because you don't care or like it
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 02:45
Nothing's ever going to change. Always got to make exceptions for everyone when somethings in question. Why can't someone (an admin) have the balls to make something set in stone without upsetting someone. This is how it's going to be and if you don't like it, don't run in it. Who in the right mind wants to see shitty F1 scheme on a stockcar or stockcar schemes on an Indy car. If you're trying to have a legit series, it should have legit schemes on everyone's car who's racing in it. It's so tiresome to have issues and problems and nothing to ever come of it. You have the authority to change and make things better but no one ever does it, it just the same old shit each week with the same problems that pop up.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 03:05
Speaking as an admin, I'd like to see people use the correct NASCAR formatting, but it's not mandatory.

This is how it's going to be and if you don't like it, don't run in it.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 03:18
My point exactly. You have the power to change something but yet don't have the balls to do it. Why not make it mandatory? You don't have to be an expert painter, there's plenty of good ones in the storefront that would be fine. If this is a league that's supposed to be real time sim, wouldn't you want sim looking schemes on each car rather than the garbage that shows up each week?
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 03:43
1. It's a pain to enforce and people always try to push the rules when you make accurate schemes mandatory. It's also stupid to tell someone they can't race because their livery isn't correct (unless it's something overtly offensive).

2. Personally, I like to see people try to be creative, regardless of their skill level, rather than just picking something off of the storefront or using an existing scheme.

3. There's a lot of things to get worked up over in this world. This isn't one of them.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 04:02
not everyone is good at painting, which ends up resulting in a bunch of garbage schemes. If there's some in the store front which fit the rules of each series, then what's the harm in running them? What's the point of having admins if people's concerns are just brushed aside because nobody can make a solid decision on something? There's rules and guidelines for a reason so if someone decides to push the limits, then it's on them when they're not allowed to race because they have a shitty scheme. Everyone's afraid of hurting someone's feelings which leads to exceptions for this guy and that guy. It's tiresome. Either do something to make changes to improve the league or just be push overs who just let everything go? It's up to you..and I know you'll say" if you don't like it, don't race" but if you have a problem, isn't that what a forum is for? It's not just the paint scheme thing, but every problem gets pushed aside with no resolution at all..
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 04:07
Not for nothing you seem to be the only one with hurt feelings about my paint scheme. Of I make it a "NASCAR" design will that make your race an ounce better?
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 04:14
What's the logic of putting an F1 scheme on a cup car dumbass?
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 04:21
The logic in doing it is because it meets the rules and I can. If I couldn't I wouldn't, such butthurt over a video game. You could be using all this energy for practice to win the race instead you're bitching about paint on a digital car.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 04:36
You'll be the one needing the practice dude. I just don't see what's so fucking difficult about following suggestions from the admins. I know, God forbid people follow rules without being offended. Nobody has the balls to ever fucking speak up about anything in this league. Watch the project cars replays, they look cool because they have real looking schemes, fake sponsors but it's at least eye appealing. Forza replays show a couple good schemes with shitty ones making up most of the field. I don't understand why mostly everyone else can follow this but you feel like you don't have to?
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 04:46
You said the magic word SUGGESTIONS!!! NOT MANDATES!!! Focus on your car/race and I'll focus on mine. The goal is to race clean and have fun as long as I and the rest of the field achieves this, then in my mind mission accomplished. Have a great evening everyone.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 04:53
If we are talking rules and whatnot, I would say I would like to see points taken away from drivers more often for causing contact (like for my role in the formula c race at Brno) lol. But as for the paint schemes, I do enjoy racing with one that I made myself that is at least decent looking, not great, but decent. For me thats part of the enjoyment. But I do see both sides of the argument. Can't we all just get along haha.