Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

NASCAR Cup (FM Level 3)

Mon 01 Aug 2016, 08:06

Mon 15 Aug 2016, 05:01
Like arguing with a rock. Useless. Do what you want. Nothing but sunshine and rainbows on here.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 05:17
GSR
Greatly Sensitive Racers
Generally Sunshine & Rainbows.
Generally Spinless Racers.

I guess only positive things are allowed. So everyone is super good at racing and all of you make super awesome paint schemes. Can't wait to race 7 wide at homestead with no cautions because we're all super talented and have a sense of awareness.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 08:08
....anyway....who wants to run some practice some night this week? lol
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 18:20
Well, since nobody seems to be interested in driving the painted cars we've been so passionately debating...I may as well throw my 5 cents (we don't waste our time with pennies in Canada) into the mix.

For the past three and a half years on Forza, series after series without fail there has been at least one design that in my opinion is an eyesore, unrealistic or simply makes no sense. These have come from new members, regulars and admins alike. It happens. Personally, while I don't create my own paints due to lack of skill and patience, I do put a great deal of thought and often times research into my sponsors on a series by series basis to insure it's realistic to the type and time period of whatever the series might be. I always wish everyone would do the same...but it's not a realistic expectation. Some people put endless time and thought into what they run on their car...others simply don't give a shit aside from throwing their driver number on it and getting on the track.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 18:41
Hippie,

Since you're so adamant on publicly 'shootin', cowboy; I'll bite and try it your way for a change...

Week after week and month after month you jump onto the forums only to insult, personally attack people and just be a general man-boy keyboard warrior jackass...an internet tough guy, so to speak. It's time to flip the record over because you've officially worn out the grooves.

Solutions:

1. If you don't like someone's paint (or driving)...offer to help them out with advice...perhaps even go above and beyond and offer to paint their car for them.

2. (This is a new one for you but bare with me) Don't say anything.

3. If you don't like 1 or 2 then simply fuck off and go away because you're giving everyone a fuckin' headache and nobody wants to hear your negative bullshit anymore.

Your move, cowboy.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 19:23
We're gonna get a new NASCAR thread soon, are we?
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 19:55
I offered a suggestion, if you don't have the time or aren't good with painting, you could download a nice scheme from the storefront. I used the decals nightmare made which are available to everyone as he's mentioned and used other downloaded logos to make my own car. If you're looking at a replay, you're not going to be able to see the difference between a public lobby or a league race because of the bad scheme. They should be more uniform to be able to tell a difference. When trying to sell someone on the league, a nice looking replay with league cars and good racing would go along way trying to persuade someone to join. You have the power to make things tighter and more sim like but nobody does it. I want to see GSR succeed but there needs to be a tighter nit set of rules for each series. Everyone else is afraid to post some thing if it's negative, I'm not. I'm going to speak up if I don't like something but I'd like to see some action by admins make hard decisions for once
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 20:52
I believe GSR tries to be as inclusive as possible. There are guidelines for paints and it allows people to be creative as well as conservative.

I have been in series with strict paint LAWS (not at GSR). It was nuts and I almost quit even though the racing action was good. There was constant nitpick on who did not have vinyl #3 at rear left corner of the car type of situation.

Personally, I LIKE to see liveries that reflect real life racing series too but that's just my personal preference; I cannot force that on other people when rules do not dictate it.

Would more people join if GSR has tighter paint regulations or would more people not bother joining/quit because of it?
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 20:59
You don't have pennies in Canada? That's awesome, pennies are worthless in 2016. You guys definitely have your shit together up there. Canadian paper money to so much better than U.S.
Mon 15 Aug 2016, 21:26
Posted by TopSoCalledGearYou don't have pennies in Canada? That's awesome, pennies are worthless in 2016. You guys definitely have your shit together up there. Canadian paper money to so much better than U.S.

When I first read your post, I thought it read, "You don't have Penises in Canada?" and got totally enraged! Then I LOL'd.

Canada got rid of the pennies in 2015? 2014? And our money is plastic, no longer paper.

About the penises/Dicks in Canada, . . . we still have too many and I doubt we'll ever get rid of them all.
Tue 16 Aug 2016, 14:09
Tried posting my pant scheme for Sonoma on here, but best I can do right now is a link to my post on Twitter. twitter.com/murphyslawl/status/765357653686153216

All four major sponsors share the hood with the 9/11 remembrance logo. I did not make the logo, only thing I actually made was the car numbers and the rear bumper lettering. The rest I searched and downloaded onto the car. Inspired by Dale Earnhardt Jr's 4th of July car which ran at Daytona last year.

Simple, but beautiful.
Sun 21 Aug 2016, 19:40
Best GSR race ever... No cautions!!! Nice racing everyone
Mon 22 Aug 2016, 18:05
That was some good racing. I was afraid of crashes but since the track does not allow full throttle all the way around, the field naturally spread out. Great results. I've got find me about 0.5 s per lap.
Mon 22 Aug 2016, 18:20
Write-up from this weekends race is now on the front page. www.globalsimracing.org/en/news/508529-august_27-28_race_notebook_gsrec_spa_amp_nascar_homestead
Mon 22 Aug 2016, 19:35
Mile and a half long, Homestead oval,
50 laps clean, fight for survival.

No yellow caution, is GSR milestone,
Nightmare typical, this track too he did own.

Thought I was catching Nightmare, damaged in some way,
It turned out to be Samson, running on time delay.

Third, second, and first, it's awkward to say,
Willy, Bloody Nightmare, followed by Hippie & BCK.
Wed 24 Aug 2016, 17:43
For anyone interested here's a good write-up about NASCAR Heat, actually I lied, I haven't read it yet but assume it's good. www.polygon.com/2016/8/24/12622906/nascar-heat-evolution-preview-hands-on
Sun 11 Sep 2016, 09:19
Round 3 is TODAY at Sonoma (short)

Practice - 11:00am eastern

Qualifying - 12:00pm eastern

Race - 12:15pm eastern

Host - Nightmare
Sun 11 Sep 2016, 15:32
I've been called to dog sit today. Won't be able to race.
Mon 12 Sep 2016, 03:32
Bravo to Murphyslaawl for the win today. I lost my composure and Murphy took advantage of it.
Mon 12 Sep 2016, 04:54
Thanks GRD.

That has to be the hardest 40 laps I've ever driven in GSR period. Yeah it was unfortunate for Nightmae to disconnect as he was the class of the field the entire race, but the it still holds true that you never, ever give up until the checkered flag has fallen.

The win was even more special since I was running the 9/11 remembrance scheme. I was thinking about that while driving that last lap.