Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Wheel/Hardware Discussion

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:37

Discuss wheels and various other sim racing gadgets here.

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:37
Discuss wheels and various other sim racing gadgets here.
Tue 17 Jan 2017, 02:42
Inside Sim Racing just posted their 2017 Xbox One Steering Wheel Buyers Guide

www.isrtv.com/xbox-one/2017-xbox-one-steering-wheel-buyers-guide/
Tue 07 Mar 2017, 14:02
Surprised there wasn't a thread for this, but I have an open question for everyone: What type of television (TV) or monitor do you have? Does anyone know what's the best/preferred for gaming without burning a hole in your pocket? I've been doing research so anyone info would be nice. Thanks you in advance!
Tue 07 Mar 2017, 14:37
Very strange as I have also been wondering the same thing, and if you are limited for space (around 30") then the monitor is best and cheapest. But if you want bigger then it's tv's. The Samsung tv's get good reviews with low input lag and that is what I'm edging towards. Either the KU6300 or the KS 8000 (disclaimer: this is going off what the guy on YouTube said)
Then I was also thinking curved or not, what do you think
Tue 07 Mar 2017, 14:46
Posted by Murphys LaaawlSurprised there wasn't a thread for this, but I have an open question for everyone: What type of television (TV) or monitor do you have? Does anyone know what's the best/preferred for gaming without burning a hole in your pocket? I've been doing research so anyone info would be nice. Thanks you in advance!

Vizo is the way to go. Usually pretty cheap and the picture is the best
Wed 08 Mar 2017, 19:06
I bought 27" curved Samsung monitor last year; it is serving me well. Price came down a bit but still more $$$ than flat monitors (about 2x the price of flat monitor).

Curve was very nice for first week or so but I don't notice it anymore.

And it certainly did not make me faster on track . . .
Wed 08 Mar 2017, 21:02
Regardless of what TV/Monitor you get, this is a helpful site for PCars. It's a FOV calculator to get as accurate of image as possible. www.projectimmersion.com/fov/
Thu 09 Mar 2017, 00:53
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxRegardless of what TV/Monitor you get, this is a helpful site for PCars. It's a FOV calculator to get as accurate of image as possible. http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

That's a bad ass site!
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 01:04
I just found out today that with the new Xbox operating system that the RSB and LSB buttons now work on the g920 wheel. Assuming you have the most recent firmware. So do USB keyboards. So you can have pretty much everything necessary mapped to something now. Hot dawg!
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 01:52
Posted by WGIstation6aI just found out today that with the new Xbox operating system that the RSB and LSB buttons now work on the g920 wheel. Assuming you have the most recent firmware. So do USB keyboards. So you can have pretty much everything necessary mapped to something now. Hot dawg!

Would that be the most recent firmware for the consoles for the wheel ? I’ve a g920 myself and having those two extra buttons would help also .

The keyboard is something I’ve been wondering about for a while now to
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 02:16
The wheel. The firmware on my LGS that said it was current, wasn't. I had to find the current firmware on the Logitech website. I haven't tried the keyboard yet, but from what I'm reading it should be good to go with a USB keyboard as part of the most recent Xbox update. I can get the firmware number for you when I get home if you're having trouble finding it.
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 10:47
Ah ok . Ye man if you can get the number that would be great . Didn’t know it was possible to update firmware on the wheel
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 15:59
This is the page I got the update from.

support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g920-driving-force/downloads
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 19:12
Posted by WGIstation6aThis is the page I got the update from.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g920-driving-force/downloads

Cheers man . I presume you just put the usb into s laptop and away you go
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 19:55
Yeah that's how it worked. For whatever reason the buttons aren't working for me today though. I had them setup and working yesterday, but not today. I'm going to try again. Maybe when I unplugged the wheel and put it away it reverted back to OG settings?
Fri 27 Oct 2017, 22:31
Would be weird if it did revert back alright
Wed 01 Nov 2017, 16:44
Anyone getting the Xbox 1 X next week? Ian Bell has been quoted saying the machine is a beast and that the game will be comparable to High-Ultra PC Settings.

"PS, our greatly improved X1X (from Xbox One) update was approved by Microsoft yesterday " 10/31

"I'll tell you here, that machine is epic. I'm really impressed with what Microsoft have thrown at it. I'll stop now as I don't want to annoy anyone "

"Yes we made a whole new build, pushing high end PC levels of detail. The X1X ate it up. It's pretty solid at 60 FPS also... Enjoy "

and finally:

"Higher resolution, higher detail textures, sharper shadows, less Lodding. It's approaching High to Ultra on high end PC settings basically.

It also maintains the physics precision better with full fields at busy times without dropping frames. It really is a beast of a machine."
Wed 01 Nov 2017, 20:57
I might look at getting it when there's a price drop and they inevitably add VR support. As it is, it's hard to justify $500 for a slight graphics increase, especially without a 4K TV.
Wed 01 Nov 2017, 21:05
I pre ordered one, hoping it comes, I haven't heard anything yet
Thu 02 Nov 2017, 06:20
I have pre ordered one, too.
Was looking for either a gaming PC or this. This will be a lot cheaper (and there's GSR, of course).
The fact that the current Xbox One sometimes (often) stutters and lags during AI races apparently also comes from low CPU capacity. Besides the graphics (GPU) it seems the CPU is a lot faster now which is important for sim racers like us. A lot of calculations are needed that use the CPU (and not only the GPU) during races.
Really looking forward to it.