Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Wheel/Hardware Discussion

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:37

Discuss wheels and various other sim racing gadgets here.

Fri 03 Nov 2017, 00:30
That was also my thinking basher, I was also considering a gaming PC but this a lot cheaper and knowing how the Xbox struggles with Pcars 1 I thought Pcars 2 would be way to much for it, let's just hope it does what they say
Fri 03 Nov 2017, 15:29
I’m on the fence with the new Xbox. I’d love to have a VR ready pc, but you’re talking 1k for the PC then another £400 + for rift, £800 for a vive headset. If Microsoft confirmed support for vr on the xonex then I’d have one on preorder, sadly I don’t think they’ve committed to anything yet. Plus I don’t have a 4K tv so there’s that to consider.
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 11:41
Posted by Dead Arm TzarPlus I don’t have a 4K tv so there’s that to consider.

Don't think you need a 4K TV to enjoy it. I have got one and might run my racing games in 1080p/60 anyway when I get the One X. I'm afraid 4K/30 is less nice to race with than the 1080p/60 option but we'll see.
Also, don't forget PC (1 and 2) is not even running 1080p at the moment on Xbox One! It will immediately look a lot better, 4K or not.
Regarding the VR you are probably right. It will likely not come to Xbox One X anytime soon.
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 17:55
Yeah you don't need 4k. Games will utilize supersampling, not sure if PCars 2 will or not, but I'd imagine so since it's confirmed that it will be higher res. Supersampling will render the image at it's native or highest resolution, and then downsample to your display, effectively giving you higher res textures and less jaggies around the edges.
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 17:57
Has anyone tried a button box? PC2 supports it on Xbox since patch 2.0. A simple keyboard will work, but I'm looking at investing in one of these as the price and build quality seems pretty nice: stores.ebay.co.uk/bbjsimracing
Tue 07 Nov 2017, 00:53
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxHas anyone tried a button box? PC2 supports it on Xbox since patch 2.0. A simple keyboard will work, but I'm looking at investing in one of these as the price and build quality seems pretty nice: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bbjsimracing

I'll definitely have a look at those. Was looking for some sort of a solution too. So far it has been a struggle with the mapping. Should be possible as DIY too, I guess.
Tue 07 Nov 2017, 16:54
A cheap DIY solution could be a simple external num pad. Been thinking about that as well.
Mon 09 Apr 2018, 23:04
Do any of you guys use a usb keyboard to map buttons on PC2? I'm strongly considering picking one up to use for both Project CARS and Train Sim World. I think I can get one for cheap, correct? Any suggestions?
Tue 10 Apr 2018, 07:08
Yeah, I just use a cheapo wireless Logitech one. Works like a champ. It also makes surfing YouTube a breeze.