Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2018 GSR Endurance Championship (PC2)

Mon 18 Dec 2017, 07:35

The Global Sim Racing Endurance Championship will return for it's 4th season in 2018! Stayed tuned for details!

Sun 07 Jan 2018, 14:28
Posted by ThorZA16Will we be allowed to use TCS, ABS and STM if a car has it available?

Normally assists are all forced off but you never know . Might be a rules change to allow it . Might entice more people and teams to enter and wood bring the racing closer aswell
Sun 07 Jan 2018, 14:28
Posted by GSR Admin TeamThe classes will remain P1 & GT3 for 2018.

I was praying for that lol
Sun 07 Jan 2018, 14:29
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lx^ spoiler alert! Blonde going solo for another year 😁

Fuck that. lol. FCA will be a three driver effort this year.

Are you making 3 different Xbox love accounts? lol
Mon 08 Jan 2018, 07:20
I know GSR has always been about no assists but I think sim racing should include the real assists cars have which you can force on. Just my opinion, which holds no weight lol. Either way I'm fine, just kind of what I usually do when I create lobbies.

Also Team Highlands Racing has officially entered our first team for this season. Will be me, Mysterious and Operator who has not raced at GSR yet. We may also field a 2nd team that will miss week 1 due to another race commitment.

Question: Does each driver have to sign up for the series or is it just one sign up per team?

Thanks!
Mon 08 Jan 2018, 07:55
Posted by THR WildWin7I know GSR has always been about no assists but I think sim racing should include the real assists cars have which you can force on. Just my opinion, which holds no weight lol. Either way I'm fine, just kind of what I usually do when I create lobbies.

Also Team Highlands Racing has officially entered our first team for this season. Will be me, Mysterious and Operator who has not raced at GSR yet. We may also field a 2nd team that will miss week 1 due to another race commitment.

Question: Does each driver have to sign up for the series or is it just one sign up per team?

Thanks!

Each driver needs to sign up.

Personally, I've always been in favor of realistic driving aids. However, we've held multiple votes on the issues over the years and its always come back in favor of forcing everything off.
Mon 08 Jan 2018, 09:48
Much like you guys, I do personally enjoy realistic driving aids and I honestly think it should be welcome for the Endurance Championship. I'm just waiting to see what officially gets said under the Series Rules before I sign up because I don't enjoy GT3 cars without ABS. I could adapt but then I wouldn't be enjoying myself.
Mon 08 Jan 2018, 14:43
I also would be for the series if there were realistic driving assists, I love these cars but without assists it wouldnt be fun enough for an endurance series.
Mon 08 Jan 2018, 20:44
Assists ?
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 02:10
We will let all members decide via a vote. Your ballot will be sent to your inbox. Voting is open now and closes January 15th at 00:00 eastern.
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 02:42
Funny how the people that want assists are people who haven’t raced with us for a long period of time...
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 02:47
Posted by Murphys LaaawlFunny how the people that want assists are people who haven’t raced with us for a long period of time...

Opinions don't count; votes do. lol
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 04:13
Posted by Murphys LaaawlFunny how the people that want assists are people who haven’t raced with us for a long period of time...

What? I’ve been here for almost five years, lol.
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 06:02
Will the chat parties be on Xbox or will we be using something else like Discord? The stability of Xbox parties have never inspired much confidence.
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 07:47
Since most of my team only race on FM, I'll be trying to recruit a couple more drivers for this. However if that doesn't work out then I guess I'm becoming a free agent lol.
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 08:56
Regarding the 'assists' I assume that covers things like ABS and TC only.
If this is the case I don't know what the fuss is about. GSR always goes as realistic as possible, right?
Can't we just copy real-life regulations?
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 11:58
I'm all for the realistic assist settings. Why take things a step further than even done in the real world anymore?
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 15:01
Well there goes the neighbourhood
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 15:53
Well... I’ve always been in the ‘no assists’ camp. However, if it brings in more teams and members then I’m open to having real world assists enabled. One thing I would suggest is that, should the assist vote go through, then they are forced on for everyone.

My reasoning being, there can be no argument or upset if one person is using assists and another isn’t, the same for everyone eliminates that.
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 20:20
Some news out of the FCA camp...

Regrettably, our agreement with Toyota has fallen through due to financial limitations. We have been able to lease a 2016 RWD P30 for the season.

We also have some driver news...

We have signed Colton to co-pilot the #5. Stay tuned for an announcement on our 3rd driver.
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 21:18
Posted by Mr Blonde VSome news out of the FCA camp...

Regrettably, our agreement with Toyota has fallen through due to financial limitations. We have been able to lease a 2016 RWD P30 for the season.

Typical.