Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Mon 13 Feb 2017, 19:02
1. Thanks to the admins for organizing/coordinating this event. I was in the loop so I realize how much work/time goes into this.
2. Congratulations to the winners of LMP (Quimera) & GT (MBI).
3. Congratulations to Blonde for an excellent podium pace (and for once, I didn't have a major f-up)
4. Great show for the rest of the participants and giving me a lot of room to pass on stints 2 & 3.
5. It was pretty amazing to see 12 hours of race with 17(?) drivers. Simply amazing.

As for the communication stuff, these are my personal thoughts:
1. Every driver is responsible for who is around them at ALL TIMES, with or without rear view mirror. If a driver is INCAPABLE of doing this, the driver should NOT be on track.
2. Calling out who is where, in my opinion, is a luxury and not a must. No one does this in real life.
3. Accidental contacts happen. Deliberate contacts or attempt to, should not.
4. If you do not want it happen to you, you don't do it to other people.
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 19:03
I called out every pass and didn't have any issues with a single GT car, or at least I didn't from my perspective. There were a few people not in the chat during my stints, which is fine, but then you can't get mad when a P1 goes flying past you without warning. Mc Dabins if I forced you off I apologize, not my intention, but things happen when 16 cars are on track for 12 hours.
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 19:05
Posted by GRD 4 3LCalling out who is where, in my opinion, is a luxury and not a must.

THIS! Cannot agree more
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 19:25
Posted by TopSoCalledGearI called out every pass and didn't have any issues with a single GT car, or at least I didn't from my perspective. There were a few people not in the chat during my stints, which is fine, but then you can't get mad when a P1 goes flying past you without warning. Mc Dabins if I forced you off I apologize, not my intention, but things happen when 16 cars are on track for 12 hours.

I wish now that the clip I told Cortana to record had actually recorded apparently it did not there when I went to go find it after the race was done even though it said it had recorded but I wish I had that show what happened. Yes I was one of the ppl not in chat. But I did a excellent job of constantly checking behind myself and in my rear-view camera, as to give way to everyone when needed. Only reason I was not in chat, is it seemed to be the only reason I didn't get dc'd during stint 4. The incident I am referring to happen during stint 5, around the 35 minutes to go mark...
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 19:34
Continued..... I was about to head into the international horseshoe when I noticed two P1 cars approaching one of which being you the other being burp. As we went through the international horseshoe burp gave me a bump which almost completely through my car off into the grass and I just barely
Barely saved it and managed to still stay in front of the two of you though I was not intending to try and stay in front of the two of you I think you both back off the gas when you saw that happened little bit and let me get it under control..... but then on the exact same lap going into the second horseshoe if that's was called that's what I call it you talk you were following really close behind me from what it appeared on my screen from what I could tell with what happened it seemed as though you drafted behind me late break because you knew you had more better stopping than I did allowing you to basically dive-bomb the inside lane from me when I at e last second saw your car, I
had to p
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 19:42
Continued....when I saw you quarter panel just barely coming to view as I was starting to make my turn I had to back out of that a little bit and it cause my gas and to go completely as happy and push me off into the f****** grass have me hit the wall and break the s*** out of my car. It was the only severe incident I was in all 5 stints. IMHO I belive you guys should have been a tide bit more patient, an waited for a straight away to over take me....I just feel it was 100% avoidable have you guys been a miniscule more patient
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 19:48
I'm not saying it is mandatory to call out your passes, I just had a feeling after practicing and talking with a lot of GT drivers that they preferred the LMP drivers to at least let them know they were coming. Also they don't do it in real life because they have SPOTTERS! We do not and thus we should at least attempt to be our own spotters.
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 22:03
I myself have taken one too many risks in stints 2 & 3 . . . I was in LMP so my views on LMPs closing quickly are rather biased.

From GT's point of view, LMPs fast approaching from behind could be sudden (aka from nowhere).

I did get caught off-guard couple of times by faster LMP's; I just slowed down a bit and let them thru.
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 22:31
Posted by GRD 4 3LI myself have taken one too many risks in stints 2 & 3 . . . I was in LMP so my views on LMPs closing quickly are rather biased.

From GT's point of view, LMPs fast approaching from behind could be sudden (aka from nowhere).

I did get caught off-guard couple of times by faster LMP's; I just slowed down a bit and let them thru.

As was I, you can ask any LMP every time they would get behind me I would hold my line until we got through the next set of turns if we were coming up quickly on them and then as soon as we got out of it and we're on a straight I would slightly let off of the gas let them getting by quick.
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 23:19
It's really getting old hearing people complain about LMP not calling there passes. The fact is they don't have to call anything. It's the GTs job to stay on the racing line and make them selfs predicable on track. Awareness is key to this type of racing always has been. So let's all stop complaining about it and move on.
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 23:45
Posted by CCRO GreenIt's really getting old hearing people complain about LMP not calling there passes. The fact is they don't have to call anything. It's the GTs job to stay on the racing line and make them selfs predicable on track. Awareness is key to this type of racing always has been. So let's all stop complaining about it and move on.

Pick a driver number, ya noob.
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 23:48
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by CCRO GreenIt's really getting old hearing people complain about LMP not calling there passes. The fact is they don't have to call anything. It's the GTs job to stay on the racing line and make them selfs predicable on track. Awareness is key to this type of racing always has been. So let's all stop complaining about it and move on.

Pick a driver number, ya noob.
Didnt know you took my old number away.lol
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 23:55
At Daytona, I personally called out say...30% of my passes on GT cars. In my opinion it's all about knowing where, when and how to pass a GT AND knowing who is in said GT car. If I see a new name (there were a lot of new names on Saturday) I will be far more cautious and likely to call it out via party chat, because as I've never raced with him before I have no idea what he's thinking, if he sees me, if he's generally comfortable etc. If I'm passing someone I'm familiar with I'm far less likely to feel the need to call it out, because I know their habits, comfort level etc. This is where practice sessions really show their value.
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 00:02
I agree with that 100% Blonde. Those practice sessions are not just for setting faster lap times but getting use to people on track, specifically new people that you haven't raced with before.
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 00:03
I 100000000000% agree with this logic!
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 00:08
I will be hosting a 2hr practice & 1hr race @Silverstone this Sunday @4 Eastern.
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 01:18
ALL DRIVERS:

We would like to remind everyone that calling out passes in this series (or any other GSR series) is optional and is to be used at each driver's discretion. That said, moving forward in this series we will ask that all drivers are in party chat so the lines of communication are always open if needed/desired.

We understand there are varying opinions on this; but we trust drivers on both ends of the spectrum took Daytona as a valuable learning experience and will put it into practice at the 6 Hours of Silverstone in April.

We also are aware of a few issues throughout the race with cars making passes on the grass, apron and the like; as well as a few isolated incidents of drivers deliberately blocking, spinning and driving in a generally reckless fashion towards other drivers. This type of stuff will not be tolerated and if it occurs at Silverstone (or beyond) penalties will be assessed.
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 18:56
All i can say is there was non of this crap at this race last year so maybe you should look at what or who is different between these 2 races ,as long as im in GSR we have never had problems like this when trying to pass each other ,many have different lines into corners and sometimes cant keep it the same on every lap,its seems to me that some driver think they can just push some others out of the way instead of having a little patience and waiting for a better place too pass,why dont ye have a look and the le mans and see how they pass each other , its not on the grass on the inside of every turn nor is it in the middle of a chicane, the GTs try and keep there line the best they can but at the end of the day its the following cars responsibility to pass safely ,it is a multi class race not just a lmp 1 race , as for giving a heads up to Gt cars i have no problems with lmp cars that dont give a heads up but dont then complain if ye run into trouble when trying to pass one of them
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 19:05
I bet these passes on the grass and cutting corners wont happen on pcar because drivers know they will get a pen for it plus the GTs will have mirrors and not have to go looking for the look back buttin on the wheel ,nobody wants to be going through this crap again and if it happens again, well then we have problems , its a game at the end of the day and we all should be enjoying it not talking about all this crap ,it should be about talking about the great racing we had and the winners in each class ,for me this stuff is after ruining what should have been a great day of racing like it always has been before ,anyone that knows me knows i dont like posting on forums but i just had to have my 2 pence and i hope we can get over this and go back racing,peace out Copper
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 19:55
Bring in the next horse!