Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Tue 07 Feb 2017, 01:19
Confirmed 12 Hours of Daytona Stints -

Stint 4 (13:00 - 14:45 eastern / 18:00 - 19:45 gmt (NIGHT)

Prototype:

#1 SKR (Audi) - ???
#7 RBR (Toyota) - ???
#8 FCA (Toyota) - ???
#25 QUM (Porsche) - ???
#26 QUM (Porsche) - ???
#30 A-SECR (Audi) - Rieck
#__ TBA (Audi) - ???

GT:

#42 MBI (BMW) - ???
#43 MBI (BMW) - ???
#59 SECR (McLaren) - ???
#60 SECR (McLaren) - Marko
#68 2OFF (Mercedes) - ???
#69 2OFF (Mercedes) - ???
#74 420MS (Audi) - Smokez
#84 MSG (Audi) - ???
#___ TBA (Bentley) - ???
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 01:21

Stint 5 (15:00 - 16:45 eastern / 20:00 - 21:45 gmt (DAY)

Prototype:

#1 SKR (Audi) - ???
#7 RBR (Toyota) - ???
#8 FCA (Toyota) - ???
#25 QUM (Porsche) - ???
#26 QUM (Porsche) - ???
#__ TBA (Audi) - ???

GT:

#42 MBI (BMW) - ???
#43 MBI (BMW) - ???
#59 SECR (McLaren) - ???
#60 SECR (McLaren) - Copper
#84 MSG (Audi) - ???
#___ TBA (Bentley) - ???
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 01:22

Stint 6 (17:00 - 18:45 eastern / 22:00 - 23:45 gmt (DAY)

Prototype:

#1 SKR (Audi) - ???
#7 RBR (Toyota) - ???
#8 FCA (Toyota) - ???
#25 QUM (Porsche) - ???
#26 QUM (Porsche) - ???
#__ TBA (Audi) - ???

GT:

#42 MBI (BMW) - ???
#43 MBI (BMW) - ???
#59 SECR (McLaren) - ???
#60 SECR (McLaren) - Marko
#84 MSG (Audi) - ???
#___ TBA (Bentley) - ???
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 02:12
Just realized there is gonna be two of each car in prototype, pretty much the same in GT as well besides Colton's team in the Bentley.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 02:33
If anyone wants to practice, I got a lobby up. GT: Murphys Laaawl
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 07:50
Hello Guys, due to a series of miscommunications on my part, I am just now posting in the forum, although I've spoken to Blonde previously. Pole Position Racing League(PPRL) will be fielding the #77 GT Mercedes in Forza and PCars(hopefully). The team will consist of gnrblaze, DA TOPPERHARLEE, and one more driver to be tested and finalized in the next few days. We hope to provide a podium challenge and prove worth adversaries to the veterans here. Hope to see you on the track in one of the test sessions this week
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 13:30
Car - McLaren 12c GT3
Class - GT3
Number - 60
Drivers - Copper Nuts08 , MrMarko1100

Stint 1 - Copper
Stint 2 - Marko
Stint 3 - Copper
Stint 4 - Marko
Stint 5 - Copper
Stint 6 - Marko.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 13:41
Times for last night's impromptu practice session. These are the times from session 2 (Night).

1. Manuel CR - 1:32.924
2. GRD 4 3L - 1:33.542
3. VPR Panda Man - 1:42.986
4. capt nasties - 1:43.651
5. FV Lucky1 - 1:44.882
6. Murphys Laaawl - 1:45.048. (1:44.5 but was dirtied)
7. Mr Blonde V - Last known location was parked out of NASCAR 4, sitting near a safety truck.

I'll get our stint schedule sorted out this week. It'll be out before Friday nonetheless.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 14:11
Is it possible to have the lobby NOT set to cockpit for the sake of spotters so we can get a decent camera angle to better help our drivers . This would also mean trusting everyone to run cockpit but since everyone is so used to it I don't see why they would change now
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 14:13
Posted by MrMarko1100Is it possible to have the lobby NOT set to cockpit for the sake of spotters so we can get a decent camera angle to better help our drivers . This would also mean trusting everyone to run cockpit but since everyone is so used to it I don't see why they would change now

Uhm, explain? Like for people who are spectating can't change camera angles?
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 14:48
Posted by Murphys Laaawl
Posted by MrMarko1100Is it possible to have the lobby NOT set to cockpit for the sake of spotters so we can get a decent camera angle to better help our drivers . This would also mean trusting everyone to run cockpit but since everyone is so used to it I don't see why they would change now

Uhm, explain? Like for people who are spectating can't change camera angles?

Exactly . Can't warm driver of lapped traffic until the last minute . I think it's stuck to replay .
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 15:18
I'd say set a bucket for those guys who are spectating, but the camera option is lobby based not bucket, and it'd mess them up if they had to race sometime during the stint.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 16:08
I understand where you are coming from but I wouldn't trust people to use cockpit tbh, especially with all the new guys. No offense new people, I just don't know what you are use to.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 18:35
I'd like to add a proposed rule as well. Samson and I were talking. With so many cars on tracks, and especially cars that have no mirrors could we have a "low is slow" rule. That way people on the banks expect traffic up high?

Also, I don't mind the non-cockpit view for this race. I trust all you fools, as long its only for this series.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 18:50
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxI'd like to add a proposed rule as well. Samson and I were talking. With so many cars on tracks, and especially cars that have no mirrors could we have a "low is slow" rule. That way people on the banks expect traffic up high?

Also, I don't mind the non-cockpit view for this race. I trust all you fools, as long its only for this series.
I trust the people I have raced with. It's just too risky otherwise. We are sim or are we not? Ya know? But it isn't up to me anyway and I'll run cockpit either way, can't run anything else anymore anyway.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 19:06
I agree we are a sim league and that's why I would see this as an exception. I personally don't think there is an advantage with running in other views. Either way I'm cool with it as well, just understand Marko's point.

EDIT: And sorry Plus, didn't read your comment about the new people before I posted this morning about "trusting you fools", I wasn't meaning to come across as you not trusting people, hope it didn't.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 19:18
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxI agree we are a sim league and that's why I would see this as an exception. I personally don't think there is an advantage with running in other views. Either way I'm cool with it as well, just understand Marko's point.

EDIT: And sorry Plus, didn't read your comment about the new people before I posted this morning about "trusting you fools", I wasn't meaning to come across as you not trusting people, hope it didn't.
I don't trust people. I just don't see a reason to change something now when it was always fine before.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 20:08
This whole conversation might be moot. With 16 entries (possibly more to come) that only leaves 8 spots available for reserve drivers. I don't think anyone will be in spectate mode this Saturday.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 20:25
It should be moot anyway. We shouldn't change something that has been a part of GSR since the beginning.
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 23:03
How are we going to handle reserve driver prioritization?