Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Indy Lights Championship (Open Rank)

Sat 31 Jan 2015, 09:31

This series will take place March 14th - May 9th.

Fri 27 Feb 2015, 23:28
bathhurst is driving me crazy, what kind of times are the aliens hitting here??
Fri 27 Feb 2015, 23:32
does it matter what indy car you use
Fri 27 Feb 2015, 23:50
The car is the 2013 Infiniti #77 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Dallara IPS Indy Lights.
Sat 28 Feb 2015, 02:30
48.4 for what its worth.
Sat 28 Feb 2015, 18:22
Posted by dakinca9148.4 for what its worth.

48.371 was my fastest.
Sun 01 Mar 2015, 05:45
Did about 5 laps today just to get acquainted with the car, got a 47.471 so far.
Sun 01 Mar 2015, 06:02
Too bad. I adore this car. I really do, but I just can't be bothered to race on an oval. Tried it plenty, and it's just boring as heck. My heart lies in circuit racing with right turns as well. Oh well, maybe next time we run an open wheel series it'll be on a circuit. :(
Sun 01 Mar 2015, 06:06
Posted by XPR MoontowerDid about 5 laps today just to get acquainted with the car, got a 47.471 so far.

How? My foot is flat the entire time, there's no way I could make up a second with the tune we have.
Sun 01 Mar 2015, 06:36
Posted by XPR MoontowerDid about 5 laps today just to get acquainted with the car, got a 47.471 so far.

Is that with Nightmare's tune?
Sun 01 Mar 2015, 06:41
Posted by Tucker F1Too bad. I adore this car. I really do, but I just can't be bothered to race on an oval. Tried it plenty, and it's just boring as heck. My heart lies in circuit racing with right turns as well. Oh well, maybe next time we run an open wheel series it'll be on a circuit. :(

This race will likely be a pack race, which makes it anything but boring. It's all about using the draft and anticipating where to position your car around other drivers.

This is with Formula Fords, but it does give a small idea of what the racing will be like:
www.youtube.com/watch
Sun 01 Mar 2015, 21:03
Posted by Nightmare x24xHopefully the way I have the car set up will allow us to have a crazy finish like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp1klmtsWQA

That was intense.
Sun 01 Mar 2015, 22:49
nah that is just basically stock, although, no worries, i probably won't run, no offense to ANYONE at all, but i won't run a race that forces someone else's setup. When that happens, not only is that tune catered to someone else specifically, it also gives that person an advantage over some one wise immediately because it is designed around them specifically, not me or the way that I believe the car should handle.
Mon 02 Mar 2015, 00:43
Dont know what ill run in NM's tune, but im at 47.306 now, I dont know where id find ANY more.
Mon 02 Mar 2015, 01:48
I don't understand. We are wide open there, there's no skill involved. It's all about how you drive it. I drove it and I did just fine. The setup was made with multiple inputs. If you have a problem grab a straw.
Mon 02 Mar 2015, 04:10
We've ran fixed setups for oval races before with great results. Nobody has an advantage over anyone else (unless they practice more). This setup has been tested multiple times by multiple people and will make for a great race. Hope to see you in it, Moontower!
Mon 02 Mar 2015, 04:29
Posted by Mr Blonde VWe've ran fixed setups for oval races before with great results. Nobody has an advantage over anyone else (unless they practice more). This setup has been tested multiple times by multiple people and will make for a great race. Hope to see you in it, Moontower!

I usually am against fixed setups, but for oval racing that takes brakes out of the equation, so the biggest bone of contention is gone. It's then akin to restrictor plate racing, which can include a boatload of fun, drafting, and air strategy, if everyone stays safe. Not too different than the 1936, where only pressures were tunable.
Looking forward to this one!
Mon 02 Mar 2015, 18:53
I'm pretty sure Nightmares tune is designed for pack racing. The goal for this race is to be in a pack and nightmares tune allows that. It isn't about flat out speed it is about close racing.
Tue 03 Mar 2015, 00:25
^ what he said is spot on. End of discussion
Tue 03 Mar 2015, 00:28
Amp actually said something that makes sense. Weird. :)
Sat 07 Mar 2015, 18:52
Just realized I won't be able to run this. Got my last winter autocross. I'll run the practices though if that's alright.