Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Indy Lights Championship (Open Rank)

Sat 31 Jan 2015, 09:31

This series will take place March 14th - May 9th.

Thu 23 Apr 2015, 16:05
Posted by LF A R V AMy fastest time is 1.52.378. But I'm usually running in the 1.53s blonde I have my tune shared if u would like to try it.

Nice. I have some work to do. Dan is blazing too.
Thu 23 Apr 2015, 18:21
I'm just not quick in these high downforce race cars. My best was mid 1:53 but have not ran it since initial shakedown testing.
Thu 23 Apr 2015, 20:14
I think buzz's issues were related to those new pedals probably and that's making me want to stay away from them. My wheel has been fairly reliable except for my brake deadzone issue from two weeks ago. Dusk if you did the brake mod from ISRTV, what do you have your deadzones at because I feel like I have to push my foot through the floor to get close to 100% input on the brakes with it.
Fri 24 Apr 2015, 07:52
Posted by MissionBULLITTI think buzz's issues were related to those new pedals probably and that's making me want to stay away from them. My wheel has been fairly reliable except for my brake deadzone issue from two weeks ago. Dusk if you did the brake mod from ISRTV, what do you have your deadzones at because I feel like I have to push my foot through the floor to get close to 100% input on the brakes with it.

I didn't do the ISRTV route. All I did was the old fashioned way of cutting a white semi-oval shaped 1/2" doorstop in half and then shaving it down until the resistance was felt about 30-50% into the brake. You will never get that 100% progression, but just experiment with different substances. As long as you can feel it and you can get to 100% without too much pressure (and even if you can't don't worry too much because 95% is fine, just eliminate the deadzone) or pressure that starts late, then you will be fine. You just need something to tell your brain that you are at XX%.
Fri 24 Apr 2015, 07:54
Posted by GRD 4 3LI'm just not quick in these high downforce race cars. My best was mid 1:53 but have not ran it since initial shakedown testing.

If that's not quick then I just may as well sit this one out. lol. 1:54.6 or so. But at least it feels stable.
Fri 24 Apr 2015, 07:55
Posted by MissionBULLITTI think buzz's issues were related to those new pedals probably and that's making me want to stay away from them. My wheel has been fairly reliable except for my brake deadzone issue from two weeks ago. Dusk if you did the brake mod from ISRTV, what do you have your deadzones at because I feel like I have to push my foot through the floor to get close to 100% input on the brakes with it.

Buy a can of racquet balls and see what you can do.
Fri 24 Apr 2015, 22:48
I've got a practice lobby open if anyone wants to jump in.
Sat 25 Apr 2015, 08:04
Reminder that round 4 of the Indy Lights championship is TODAY at Road America

Warmup: 2:00pm eastern / 7:00pm gmt

Qualifying (10 minutes): 3:00pm eastern / 8:00pm gmt

Race (16 laps): 3:20pm eastern / 8:20pm gmt

HOST: Nightmare
Sat 25 Apr 2015, 21:00
Warmup lobby is open.
Sat 25 Apr 2015, 23:20
Please can I make a case on the lap one incident involving myself, Nightmare and, coincidentally, the back half of pack. I couldn't hear the race discussion that well so I don't know it this has been discussed. On the initial impact with Nightmare, I believe it was a first one racing incident, he opened a gap I went for it and in the craziness of lap one we touched. I don't beleive either of us was at fault. 2nd of all I would like to apologise to everyone in the back half of the pack, after the contact I should've waited for everyone to go and then rejoin the track, I was in a bad spot and panicked a little, I'll put my hand up and take responsiblity for recking mine and a few other races when I rejoined. I'm Sorry.
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 00:39
My view of what happened.

account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/a7bf0fd5-e90b-43b9-98b4-6161ce684ead
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 01:53
Posted by KAYMP4Please can I make a case on the lap one incident involving myself, Nightmare and, coincidentally, the back half of pack. I couldn't hear the race discussion that well so I don't know it this has been discussed. On the initial impact with Nightmare, I believe it was a first one racing incident, he opened a gap I went for it and in the craziness of lap one we touched. I don't beleive either of us was at fault. 2nd of all I would like to apologise to everyone in the back half of the pack, after the contact I should've waited for everyone to go and then rejoin the track, I was in a bad spot and panicked a little, I'll put my hand up and take responsiblity for recking mine and a few other races when I rejoined. I'm Sorry.

It's really cool of you to come on here and apologize; shows tons of character. Everyone makes mistakes (except for me), so don't worry about it. Just please don't pull out in front of traffic again! lol :)
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 01:55
Posted by iMaHiGhFlYeRMy view of what happened.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/a7bf0fd5-e90b-43b9-98b4-6161ce684ead?gamerTag=iMaHiGhFlYeR&scid=a72e0e3d-ce31-4ae0-89b8-741c625ab197

Oh dear...
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 02:02
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by iMaHiGhFlYeRMy view of what happened.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/a7bf0fd5-e90b-43b9-98b4-6161ce684ead?gamerTag=iMaHiGhFlYeR&scid=a72e0e3d-ce31-4ae0-89b8-741c625ab197

Oh dear...

Haha, first time my gamertag has ever applied in a racing game.
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 02:14
No kidding. That clip is going to have to go on a highlight reel somewhere! Best part is that you unlocked a badge! haha
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 03:13
I now understand why people don't practice and just show up and race... that was fun. I even passed quite a few cars in the grass that first lap!
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 06:17
Amp,

Did you notice Highflyer only missed you by about 10 feet on his landing?
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 07:35
Although I would have preferred everyone to have had a perfect and lag free/clean race, I finally got one myself. 4th place...but I had some help, as you can see in the video below. Incidentally the first lap was not only where the drama was. I'll let you skim through (sorry for the lag) to see if you want. Somehow I stayed ahead of the major incident, but barely. I replay it from several perspectives just to show what went on. Takes a lot of character to step up and admit fault, and I agree with Blonde...we have all been there. BTW, decimal that was a grade A class move when you waited for me at the carousel after the contact. You were destined to get by me eventually.
www.youtube.com/watch
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 07:37
No I didn't. I was gonna watch the replay when I get home but I am currently grabbing a few drinks at a bar real fast.
Sun 26 Apr 2015, 08:55
Posted by OctoberAlthough I would have preferred everyone to have had a perfect and lag free/clean race, I finally got one myself. 4th place...but I had some help, as you can see in the video below. Incidentally the first lap was not only where the drama was. I'll let you skim through (sorry for the lag) to see if you want. Somehow I stayed ahead of the major incident, but barely. I replay it from several perspectives just to show what went on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q8U1HXzeII

Looks like I just ran over an IED or something. I'm gonna have to say it was lag, but whether it was me I can't say for sure, didn't seem to have an issue in qualifying or during the formation lap at all. Running in a close pack all it takes is a small lag spike to put two cars in the same space and when the game sorts it out this can be the result.