Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Indy Lights Championship (Open Rank)

Sat 31 Jan 2015, 09:31

This series will take place March 14th - May 9th.

Mon 16 Mar 2015, 00:20
- Freedom 100 results will be posted this evening.

- Due to the desire to give every driver every opportunity to get their driver ranking as high as possible in time for our move to Project CARS, this series is now OPEN rank. To enter you only need to have completed your rookie test.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 05:29
Since I am already on pretty much everyones bad side tonight I will just add to the fire I guess. Why the hell do we have a driver ranking system if we are just going to open up a Tier 3 series to everyone? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a ranking system?
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 05:36
It's all for you, Amp. This will allow you to get to level 4 before we make the switch. You're welcome.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 05:58
I could care less about getting to level 4. I have been saying for the last week I don't know how many races I will be able to make since I start a job tomorrow and will probably be working weekends. Yeah level 4 would be nice but honestly if I wanted it that bad I would have raced more in Feburary.

Edit: With the big penalty that is going to be handed down to me within the next couple days I would be lucky to even be able to finish this series if I am even going to be free on the weekends anyway. Hell I will probably be lucky if I keep any of my driver points!
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 10:44
Freedom 100 results have been posted.

*NOTES:*

- Woody and Vortex were moved to the back of the lead lap due to bump drafting.

- Amp and Wagon were disqualified from the race, lose 15 driver points and are suspended 3 races each for conspiring to bring out a caution period under false pretenses.

Both Amp and Wagon are eligible to return for round 2 of the Mini Cooper Cup at Prague on April 4th.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 10:52
Congrats to Hippie on his 1st career GSR victory! Between winning the draw for Project CARS and the win at Indy it's been a pretty good week for you.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 13:26
I would like to appeal my suspension. I feel that the "caution" didn't alter the end of the race at all. The same four cars that were up there were up there. Just kidding! I don't think I could make the next few races anyway. Anyway I do wanna point out that when a few of us bumped drafted in formula fords we were penalized harsher than woody and brink. Just pointing that out. Have a good day.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 22:46
anyone have a good idea off long beach times?
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 22:57
Posted by The1PLUS2RieckI would like to appeal my suspension. I feel that the "caution" didn't alter the end of the race at all. The same four cars that were up there were up there. Just kidding! I don't think I could make the next few races anyway. Anyway I do wanna point out that when a few of us bumped drafted in formula fords we were penalized harsher than woody and brink. Just pointing that out. Have a good day.

Just to clarify on this part, woody and brink did get penalized harsher than the incident in the USF2000 race. When that happened, the four of us involved didn't receive driver points for that race and that was it. We were told that the penalties would be a lot worse if it were to happen again. This is why the no-pushing rule is repeated by the admins before each open-wheel practice/race at an oval.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 23:01
Ohhhh okay I thought we got penalized more than just that. My bad.
Tue 17 Mar 2015, 00:52
Posted by XPR Moontoweranyone have a good idea off long beach times?

Im still working on a setup after everything got erased on my game. Only hit a 1:14.5 so far. If anyone wants to practice or bounce ideas message me.
Tue 17 Mar 2015, 02:32
Someone got a harsher penalty than I did? I'm going to have to step up my game when I come back.
Tue 17 Mar 2015, 08:09
Bump drafting in a non-sedan? Really? Really?!?! Blonde this is what I'm talking about when I say that ovals are fun and all, but entirely divorced from reality due to gaming aspect. You really have to have an immense respect for the speed and the type of car and those around you. It's hard to do w/o a spotter, I know, but mics are so important. And so it looking around you.

Many an IndyCar driver backs off before making a move, especially anytime before the last couple of laps.
Tue 17 Mar 2015, 21:10
Did about 10!laps and got a 13.9, more in it though
Tue 17 Mar 2015, 21:14
Posted by InsayneHyenaSomeone got a harsher penalty than I did? I'm going to have to step up my game when I come back.

You've actually been bumped to 4th, Insayne. You should be ashamed of yourself. lol
Tue 17 Mar 2015, 21:14
Posted by XPR MoontowerDid about 10!laps and got a 13.9, more in it though

I'll start turning some laps after the Radical race this Saturday.
Thu 19 Mar 2015, 16:09
You guys must really, REALLY like Indy.
Mon 23 Mar 2015, 19:06
so whats a competitive time around long beach?
Mon 23 Mar 2015, 19:43
Posted by DANDAN140787so whats a competitive time around long beach?

Competitive: high 1:13 - low 1:15

Winning (AKA Nightmare): Mid 1:12
Mon 23 Mar 2015, 22:39
Whats the setup?