Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Sun 12 Feb 2017, 16:48
Congrats to both MBI and Quimera on their first place finishes. And bad luck to Red Bird yet again. They were super strong all day.

Really enjoyed having such a large field and thanks to all the 2Old4Forza guys that raced. You guys were professional and a pleasure to race against.

As far as the LMP passing GT discussion. It is the responsibility always of the LMP driver to pass safely. It is the responsibility of the GT driver to drive predictably. That being said, a few important points should be remembered. First none of us are professional drivers. We do this to fulfill that dream, so everyone has different levels of skills and it's hard to gauge that in game. So you gotta assume when passing, things may not go according to plan. Secondly, it's a simulation. Not real life, so those considerations need to be made. Considerations like not having a mirror, limited field of vision, no real life spotters.
Sun 12 Feb 2017, 16:53
they probably had mirrors which the 12c comes without . to be fair actually you were fine . someone else however on your team was not so much so ill say no more for now
Sun 12 Feb 2017, 16:55
Continued, Without some of these things, your situational awareness must be compensated for, and a GT driver has a responsibility to race their race, their field, their track, while doing their best to maintain situational awareness. The LMP driver, must assume when passing the GT driver, the GT driver may not have any idea they are there. Party chat can help, and yes sometimes party did get off track, and I was to blame for some of that, so I'll accept responsibility for some, but if you choose not to participate, you can't communicate with many of the drivers you may be passing. Sometimes both sides have to hope for the best during a pass, hang on. We can only try our best, incidents will happen.

And for the record, I had no problem with Quimera in any of my stints just adding to the discussion here.
Sun 12 Feb 2017, 16:57
As maverick said, we do this to live out a dream. We don't have spotters so we need to be our own spotters. I didn't have an issue with any GT car because I let them know I was around them.
Edit: I am also at fault for not keeping party chat on track during the race but hell I was attempting to run the race solo, I had to keep myself entertained somehow.
Sun 12 Feb 2017, 18:19
Manuel listen to your peers and stop being closed minded. We really needed heads up no matter how aware we were. And blonde can attest to a few times he came up on me and scared the crap outta me lol. We still have to pay attention to where we're going and those P cars just come outta no where. Long story short all we needed is this example: "Eddie prototype approaching" or something like that. Just knowledge that your doors are about to fly off haha.
Sun 12 Feb 2017, 18:22
All in all very fun event and mostly clean racing from what I witnessed and was apart of. Lil banging here and there with GT's and I personally had pretty good experiences with the P cars.
Sun 12 Feb 2017, 19:01
I had a blast. I was not watching my mirrors, but I did watch the map when i had a chance. that was my first race with no assists at all, so I was focused on me keeping the car in one piece and finishing. I did not have a problem with any LMP, but berp in my two stints. he would pop up out of nowhere, or make passes in the grass to not lose time. It pissed me off, because it almost took me out a couple of times in my second stint. we have party chat for a reason, and 2O4F has kicked a guy from a lobby quick if that kind of stuff happens alot. A simple heads up and stay left or whatever doesn't take much.
Sun 12 Feb 2017, 19:09
Off topic but you 2O4F guys are a blast to race with and I plan to get in on some of your events when I have the chance.
Sun 12 Feb 2017, 22:14
Congrats on the winners yesterday. I didn't have a problem with anyone's driving yesterday. Tempers got hot during the 12 hours. But it was fun I thought. Looking forward to Silverstone
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 02:45
Team 2O4F had a BLAST at the 12 hour. Thanks to blonde for putting on a well coordinated race. We will probably be doing more events with this group going forward as our own schedule permits

Posted by The1PLUS2RieckOff topic but you 2O4F guys are a blast to race with and I plan to get in on some of your events when I have the chance.

we appreciate that, our club is focused on providing a fun social environment and developing the closest racing possible.

we have a full SIM night (same hardcore + cockpit settings as this group) that might interest some people here. So feel free to check us out for that or any other event.

2O4F forums: 2old4forza.com/forum/

2O4F facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/132259909533/
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 04:22
Glad you guys enjoyed it, nasties. It was a pleasure having you guys race with us!

2nd in class (6th overall) & 7th in class (11th overall) is a hell of a debut! Hope to see you guys in April for the 6 Hours of Silverstone and many other non endurance championships in the future!
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:40
Posted by Mr Blonde VGlad you guys enjoyed it, nasties. It was a pleasure having you guys race with us!

2nd in class (6th overall) & 7th in class (11th overall) is a hell of a debut! Hope to see you guys in April for the 6 Hours of Silverstone and many other non endurance championships in the future!

Wow that's twice now I have not been mentioned as a 2o4f.....wtf I mean I've even changed the team name

Just so it is CLEAR, I am a 2o4f member! I am representing 2o4f, just as the other 6 drivers from our club are doing. Shit!

As for the race, I had a blast....minus my DC's. Except for Berlin & topgear.....fuck you, keep your cars the fuck away from mine, and CALL YOUR PASSES you ass hats. You 2 forced me into the only real incident I had all 5 stints. Slow your roll!

See everyone @Silverstone GP
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 16:25
Posted by Mc Dabins
Posted by Mr Blonde VGlad you guys enjoyed it, nasties. It was a pleasure having you guys race with us!

Wow that's twice now I have not been mentioned as a 2o4f.....wtf I mean I've even changed the team name

Just so it is CLEAR, I am a 2o4f member! I am representing 2o4f, just as the other 6 drivers from our club are doing. Shit!

As for the race, I had a blast....minus my DC's. Except for Berlin & topgear.....fuck you, keep your cars the fuck away from mine, and CALL YOUR PASSES you ass hats. You 2 forced me into the only real incident I had all 5 stints. Slow your roll!

Thanks for representing 2o4f with some shitty words towards those guys... Gives us a real good image...
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 16:27
Thanks for having us GSR! I had a blast in my first full length enduro! Had some great battles with you guys, and looking forward to more racing!
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 16:38
Posted by Mc Dabins

you better check your tone or you won't be in 2O4F for long. You know the rules, we don't do drama, and especially not in other peoples Forum. If you have an issue with a driver talk to them directly and try to be an adult...
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 16:45
Posted by capt nasties
Posted by Mc Dabins

you better check your tone or you won't be in 2O4F for long. You know the rules, we don't do drama, and especially not in other peoples Forum. If you have an issue with a driver talk to them directly and try to be an adult...

I second this notion... Sorry about that GSR fellas
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 17:35
Posted by drivebye071
Posted by capt nasties[quote=505325]

Eh, nothing new here. We are use to it.
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 18:19
Posted by drivebye071
Posted by capt nasties[quote=505325]

I second this notion... Sorry about that GSR fellas

We've seen worse.
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 18:45
I apologize for my language and attitude. Did not feel using 3 profanitys would be so misunderstood....
Mon 13 Feb 2017, 18:50
Posted by Mc DabinsI apologize for my language and attitude. Did not feel using 3 profanitys would be so misunderstood....

Not so much the profanities, I mean I swear all of the time lol... It's definitely more the attitude.