Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Wed 11 Oct 2017, 01:25
Is in-game time going to be 2x to simulate a 24hr race, similar to Le Mans?
Wed 11 Oct 2017, 01:58
GSS will not be competing in this upcoming race sadly. All of our members either uninstalled PC1 when PC2 launched or hated the game and never bought it. We will be there for Road Atlanta and shooting for the win 😉. If anyone will be streaming it then let me know on Xbox.
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 16:09
Looking for a GT driver to join the SECR 2 team. We need someone that can help with the race on Saturday at Spa, as one of our drivers is not able to make it. Let us know.
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 17:17
Posted by ThePennyTrader7Looking for a GT driver to join the SECR 2 team. We need someone that can help with the race on Saturday at Spa, as one of our drivers is not able to make it. Let us know.

Who's not able to make it ?
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 17:45
Mike won't be able to race Saturday
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 20:33
Posted by ThePennyTrader7Mike won't be able to race Saturday

Well that sucks. What about bullit ? Are you able to do all stint regardless ?
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 21:10
So, as of now, we have 4 Prototypes and 1 1/2 GT cars?
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:51
Do we really need 12 hours to sort out a 5 -7 car race?
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 23:35
We could all just meet in the car park (parking lot) and sort it out like men!
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 23:39
Are you suggesting going shorter, Dan?
Like 6 hours?
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 23:46
I wouldn’t object to 6 hours. Start it at the regular time but just run half the distance ?
Fri 13 Oct 2017, 23:57
Not sure I'm into that idea. This is the endurance series after all. I've made a lot of sacrifices to be able to run the whole 12 hours, sure it's not ideal having a small grid but it's about quality not quantity and who can hack the pace over the whole race.
Sat 14 Oct 2017, 00:26
Agree with dead arm on this one . Like dead arm I've moved things around to be able to race tomorrow (I should have been going away) and I know copper has aswell .

I think the real question that should be getting asked is why so few entries ? Think back to the first round at Daytona and there was so many entires it was looking like there would have to be mulitple lobbies at one stage . And there's barely enough cars to fill half a lobby .

Not having a go at anyone incase it comes across that way just find it odd how numbers have just dropped through the floor
Sat 14 Oct 2017, 00:29
Posted by MrMarko1100Agree with dead arm on this one . Like dead arm I've moved things around to be able to race tomorrow (I should have been going away) and I know copper has aswell .

I think the real question that should be getting asked is why so few entries ? Think back to the first round at Daytona and there was so many entires it was looking like there would have to be mulitple lobbies at one stage . And there's barely enough cars to fill half a lobby .

Not having a go at anyone incase it comes across that way just find it odd how numbers have just dropped through the floor

1. People have short attention spans

2. Endurance racing is difficult and takes commitment

3. People don't want to play PC 1 anymore

I'd be with the majority of you guys on moving it to 6 hours, but Dead Arm & Marko are right. Many of us do shuffle things around to make this happen, so I think if we changed the length of the race we would be kind of screwing those guys over.
Sat 14 Oct 2017, 00:29
I'll fish around and see what GT entires I can come up with tonight.
Sat 14 Oct 2017, 00:59
All that said...I'm not even sure I'll be able to race tomorrow. I'm continuing to have saving issues on PC despite deleting it and reinstalling it several times. Nothing will save at all. No setups, HUD preferences...not even the music being turned off will save.
Sat 14 Oct 2017, 01:00
Delete your replays mr Blonde. I had a similar issue and that fixed it.
Sat 14 Oct 2017, 01:05
Posted by Dead Arm TzarDelete your replays mr Blonde. I had a similar issue and that fixed it.

Tried that before. This seems to be an ongoing issue for me on PC 1.
Sat 14 Oct 2017, 01:13
To pick up on a couple of blonde'd points.

I think the duration of the season has an impact on sustaining numbers. It's not necessarily bad thing, good to have a decent gap between races but some folk find other games/ things to do and forget about it.

Running the series over 2 games doesn't help. A lot more people play forza, hence the large turnout at Daytona. They just can't handle pcars 😜

Once pcars 2 is stable enough, there's a chance we'd get more participants, shiny new game etc. But of course there is forza 7 now so see above.

I'd love to see a larger turnout in all series. But, for a while, and maybe since you guys began, it's always the same few people that regularly attend the events with a few people who can't commit week in week out that show up when they can.
Circumstances change for people, or they lose interest in sim racing in general. Such is life, but lets all keep the faith and burn some virtual rubber tomorrow x
Sat 14 Oct 2017, 01:17
You may have already tried this but...

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.
Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
Plug in the power cable back into the console.
Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
Turn on the console using the power button.