Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Sat 09 Sep 2017, 23:13
I noticed on the series calendar it has rain down for this race . Is that a typo or it is going to be set to that weather ? Cheers
Sun 10 Sep 2017, 08:35
Posted by MrMarko1100I noticed on the series calendar it has rain down for this race . Is that a typo or it is going to be set to that weather ? Cheers

Fixed.
Mon 11 Sep 2017, 17:00
I just signed up and as I like endurance racing and GT's I thought I stick my head in here.

If there's anyone out there (with low expectations) that wants/needs a team mate then I can be available. (I don't want to impose my relative "slowness" on anybody)

(Have all content on PCars but don't have Ford GT or Lambo on FM6)
Mon 11 Sep 2017, 18:46
Welcome aboard.

On the topic of next year, are we just going to race solely on PC2 for the endurance races?

Also, are we going to still run LMP1's and gt3? Or maybe bump down to lmp2 and gt4?
Mon 11 Sep 2017, 18:56
Posted by dakinca91Welcome aboard.

On the topic of next year, are we just going to race solely on PC2 for the endurance races?

Also, are we going to still run LMP1's and gt3? Or maybe bump down to lmp2 and gt4?

Maybe do what the elms series does . Lmp2,Lmp3 and GTE(or gt3 for more variety)
Tue 12 Sep 2017, 07:17
An IMSA type setup with LMP2, GTLM/GTE, and GTD/GT3 would be cool if we could fill the field but that's a decent amount of positions to fill. A bit optimistic but would be amazing to race in
Wed 13 Sep 2017, 00:18
Posted by dakinca91Welcome aboard.

It's all something to think about for sure. GSREC will absolutely return for it's 4th season in 2018!
Wed 13 Sep 2017, 06:17
I think an IMSA type or WEC series set up would be a blast. Either way, I know I'll be back with you guys next year. I'm looking forward to it.
Mon 18 Sep 2017, 21:26
Did a few laps in the lmp1 Toyota at Spa. It's quite a handful. I'm just not a fan of when the hybrid kicks in. Still wish that was adjustable. Hopefully we're not so far off the pace
Mon 18 Sep 2017, 22:01
Anybody looking for a one off driver for this race? I've been setting up a Toyota, but will switch to anything that can get me into a team. Also, early tests with the tso40 put me at 2:03.xxx light fuel with softs, and 2:06.xxx full tank with mediums. How's that shake out to anyone else running one of those?
Mon 18 Sep 2017, 22:35
It seems as though I may have to attend a wedding that day, so Ardent secr may need a stand in if you're interested.

Stupid friends getting married, when will they ever learn?....

We drive the Audi, I'm hoping Basher can make it (if he's still interested).
Mon 18 Sep 2017, 22:37
Btw I did a 1:59:8 if that has any bearing. Pretty sure there's more time to be had with tweaks to the setup.
Tue 19 Sep 2017, 00:11
Looks like I have quite a bit of time to find. I'll jump in the Audi and give it a shot.
Tue 19 Sep 2017, 00:15
I've got to about a 2:02 on race fuel in the Toyota. But it's a handful and I'm not as consistent, proabally average 2:04.
Tue 19 Sep 2017, 04:57
Ran some laps tonight. Got a 2:01.3xx on full fuel in the Toyota. Still lacking over 1 second on the therotical best time.

What is the trap speed in the Audi? I'm hitting 177mph on the Kemmel straight if I nail Eau Rauge right.
Tue 19 Sep 2017, 21:12
I'm hitting mid 2:02's light fuel on softs. Full load on meds I'm still around the mid 2:04/5's. The Audi seems to top out with the downforce I'm currently running at around 181. That Toyota is much quicker through sector two though. I'm struggling with this one.
Tue 19 Sep 2017, 22:50
What downforce are you running? I'm fairly trimmed out to try for straightline speed. I'm at like 3 & 3 I think.
Tue 19 Sep 2017, 23:15
With the Audi I'm at 6f 5r. That's as trim as I can go and still get through sector two with any pace. I was thinking of adding more to be honest.

I went back to the Toyota for a couple laps, and knocked another second and a bit off running 2f 1r for downforce. Took a whole second out of sector three, and almost a half off sector two over the Audi.

I feel like these cars are running completely different aero kits. I also struggle under breaking, and through the bus stop/ la source with the Audi.
Thu 21 Sep 2017, 04:00
I wonder if the Toyota and Audi have different downforce configurations. It seems like the Audi has the low drag and the Toyota has the higher downforce. Audi has a massive straightline advantage.

Finally broke below the 2:01 barrier with a 2:00.8xx. Not much more time is possible with the current setup I think
Thu 21 Sep 2017, 20:24
They must.

Also, Dead Arm helped me quite a bit with a tune, and if thay will have me I would be joining their team for the race.