Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Tue 07 Feb 2017, 23:09
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxHow are we going to handle reserve driver prioritization?

If we do end up with more reserve drivers than spaces, priority will go to the top 4 in the running order in each class. (Race start would be top 4 according to last years final standings)
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 23:29
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 23:30
There will be a final official practice session Wednesday.

15:00 - 22:00 (eastern) / 20:00 - 03:00 (gmt)

Sessions will be 1 hour long and will be a mix of day and night

Each session an admin will explain where reserve drivers are to park during the race on Saturday (and will be happy to answer any other questions drivers may have)

Host - Blonde
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 23:35
What about Thursday tho?
Tue 07 Feb 2017, 23:56
Posted by Murphys LaaawlWhat about Thursday tho?

I don't think I'm available Thursday.
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 00:18
Posted by GSR Admin Team
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxHow are we going to handle reserve driver prioritization?

If we do end up with more reserve drivers than spaces, priority will go to the top 4 in the running order in each class. (Race start would be top 4 according to last years final standings)

Is that last year's top 4 overall ? Or too 2 from lmp and top 2 from gt ? I may not make the practice tomorrow so that's why I'm asking the stupid questions now .
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 00:20
Also as an example if myself and copper qualify for having a reserve driver spot can we choose to have the reserve driver be a spotter instead ?
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 00:28
Top 4 in each class (assuming we have 16 cars) = 24 slots (16 on track, 8 parked reserves)

Spectating will only be permitted if there are fewer than 24 slots being occupied by any combination of cars on track and reserve cars.

If a team declines the option of having a reserve car in a stint, that option would go to the next team in line.
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 00:30
Posted by GSR Admin TeamTop 4 in each class (assuming we have 16 cars) = 24 slots (16 on track, 8 parked reserves)

Spectating will only be permitted if there are fewer than 24 slots being occupied by any combination of cars on track and reserve cars.

If a team declines the option of having a reserve car in a stint, that option would go to the next team in line.

OK so . Thanks.
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 06:53
There is a last minute BOP for the GT class. This applies only to the Audi & Mercedes.

Audi R8 LMS Ultra (PI 853)

Engine: Race Air Filter, Race Intake Manifold and Throttle Body, Race Exhaust, Race Valves, Face Displacement, Stage 1 Restrictor Removal

Platform & Handling: Race Brakes

Drivetrain: Race Driveline

Tires: Front tire width 314, Rear Tire Width 345

2014 Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 (PI 853)

Engine: Stage 1 Restrictor Removal

Wed 08 Feb 2017, 08:43
Just curious as to why the #1 NISMO GT-R is not included in the GT class. It comes equipped with race brakes and I hit a 1:44.3 with it after taking the aero off. Hitting mid 180's down the straights so wouldn't it fit right in to the class?
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 10:04
We've hit a total of 17 entries for Daytona! (7 P & 10 GT)

Entries will remain open until 00:00 eastern on Friday.
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 12:50
Hi guys, my teammate cannot race anymore, anyone willing to join me on the Audi?
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 15:07
MBI Racing #43 Castrol Edge BMW

The whole race!

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 15:47
Posted by YaBoiCricketMBI Racing #43 Castrol Edge BMW

The whole race!

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!

So is MBI deploying driverless cars, huh?

Welp, let's go home guys. We're beat.
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 17:18
Posted by GSR Admin TeamThere is a last minute BOP for the GT class. This applies only to the Audi & Mercedes.

Audi R8 LMS Ultra (PI 853)

Engine: Race Air Filter, Race Intake Manifold and Throttle Body, Race Exhaust, Race Valves, Face Displacement, Stage 1 Restrictor Removal

Drivetrain: Race Driveline

Tires: Front tire width 314, Rear Tire Width 345

2014 Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 (PI 853)

Engine: Stage 1 Restrictor Removal

How convenient lmao
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 17:32
12 Hours of Daytona Trailer has been posted. Get hyped people!
youtu.be/QRKqR8hhZR0
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 18:08
Great work Mav!

Just tossing my 2 cents into the reserve driver situation. How about if you lag out you get the same mileage of the last place car in your class minus 10 miles. So in Prototype let's say I lag out and Amp finishes in last place And runs 150 miles I would get 140. It keeps more people out of the room and might lead to less lagouts. Just an idea, everyone can now tell me how bad it is
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 18:14
Posted by dakinca91Great work Mav!

Just tossing my 2 cents into the reserve driver situation. How about if you lag out you get the same mileage of the last place car in your class minus 10 miles. So in Prototype let's say I lag out and Amp finishes in last place And runs 150 miles I would get 140. It keeps more people out of the room and might lead to less lagouts. Just an idea, everyone can now tell me how bad it is
If it helps with room stability I'm all for it.
Wed 08 Feb 2017, 18:30
Great work as usual man ,makes you wanna race now